Deleting a custom University

I made a custom university but I don't like it. I want to delete it, but
I can't find where I do it. There is no option to delete the
Universities.

Help me please....Joy
16 answers Last reply
More about deleting custom university

    joyplayer wrote:I made a custom university but I don't like it. I want
    to delete it, but I can't find where I do it. There is no option to
    delete the Universities.

    Go to the Neighborhood screen and click on the college chooser.From
    there,single-click on the university that you want to delete.This should
    bring up the preview of the university.On the lower right of the picture
    of the university,there should be a little trashcan-looking thing.click
    on that,and there will probably be a confirmation screen.I never deleted
    a university,so I don't really know about the confirmation screen.There
    may also be quicker ways to do this,but I'm not sure.

    Hope this helps!

    Munch.

    No - that's the best way to do it but do remember to move out any sims you
    want to keep before you do.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    "munch simmons" <hibbasimmons@webtv.net> wrote in message
    > Go to the Neighborhood screen and click on the college chooser.From
    > there,single-click on the university that you want to delete.This should
    > bring up the preview of the university.On the lower right of the picture
    > of the university,there should be a little trashcan-looking thing.click
    > on that,and there will probably be a confirmation screen.I never deleted
    > a university,so I don't really know about the confirmation screen.There
    > may also be quicker ways to do this,but I'm not sure.
    >
    > Hope this helps!
    >
    > Munch.

    Thank you for the reply but that doesn't work. I finally figured it out.
    When you go into
    college chooser, pick one that you don't want to delete. Then load up
    that univ, then again click college chooser, click
    the university you want to delete for the preview and that's when the
    trashcan shows up and gives you
    the option to delete. Whew!! Maxis made it so easy. LOL

    Joy

    "munch simmons" <hibbasimmons@webtv.net> wrote in message
    > joyplayer wrote:I made a custom university but I don't like it. I want
    > to delete it, but I can't find where I do it. There is no option to
    > delete the Universities.
    >
    > Go to the Neighborhood screen and click on the college chooser.From
    > there,single-click on the university that you want to delete.This
    > should
    > bring up the preview of the university.On the lower right of the
    > picture
    > of the university,there should be a little trashcan-looking
    > thing.click
    > on that,and there will probably be a confirmation screen.I never
    > deleted
    > a university,so I don't really know about the confirmation
    > screen.There
    > may also be quicker ways to do this,but I'm not sure.
    >
    > Hope this helps!
    >
    > Munch.

    Oh - I suppose most people assumed you wouldn't try to delete the
    neighbourhood from inside it. Yes, it does work that way.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    > Do you mean community lots (which are made just the same way as
    > community
    > lots in the regular neighbourhood) or dorms?
    >
    > Best wishes
    > maxon

    Well, I was thinking about lots for libraries & social activities. There
    are several dorms
    already made to pick from, but now that you mentioned it, yes Dorms too.

    Joy

    You create community lots just like you do in the regular neighbourhood -
    place a lot and choose the community option when it comes up. Enter the lot
    and build in exactly the same way. I can't understand what difficulty you
    can be having if you have built community lots in the regular neighbourhood.
    It's exactly the same.

    > You create community lots just like you do in the regular
    > neighbourhood -
    > place a lot and choose the community option when it comes up. Enter
    > the lot
    > and build in exactly the same way. I can't understand what difficulty
    > you
    > can be having if you have built community lots in the regular
    > neighbourhood.
    > It's exactly the same.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > maxon

    I haven't built any community lots in the reg. neighborhoods. I added a
    lot to my
    new University lot to make a library, but I didn't see where I could
    make it a community lot.
    Maybe I overlooked something, I'll try it again. Thanks for your help.
    :)

    Duh me....LOL

    Joy

    >> You create community lots just like you do in the regular
    >> neighbourhood -
    >> place a lot and choose the community option when it comes up. Enter
    >> the lot
    >> and build in exactly the same way. I can't understand what
    >> difficulty you
    >> can be having if you have built community lots in the regular
    >> neighbourhood.
    >> It's exactly the same.
    >>
    >> Best wishes
    >> maxon

    LOL I must have been having a "dumb" day. I'll blame it on the heat wave
    and dry spell
    we're having. I went into the game and yes I see where to make community
    lots. LOL

    Now.........I'll go hide my face.

    Joy

    joyplayer wrote:There are several dorms
    already made to pick from, but now that you mentioned it, yes Dorms too.

    To make dorms,it is best to start off with a residential lot,IMO.From
    there,build it to look how you want it,and be sure that the walls and
    stuff like that are placed properly.After building and/or
    furnishing,hold ctrl,shift, and c to bring up the cheat menu.In the
    box,type "changelot zoning" without the quotation marks.Be sure to
    save.Now,if you exit back to the university,the lot should come up as a
    dorm.That's how I do it,anyway.

    BTW,I think that someone said something about that "changelot zoning"
    cheat being case sensitive,or something.Maybe someone here will clear
    this up for me. :-)

    I hope that this helps!

    Munch.

    D'oh - glad you worked it out.

    > "joyplayer" <excuseme@nomail.com> wrote in message
    LOL I must have been having a "dumb" day. I'll blame it on the heat wave
    > and dry spell
    > we're having. I went into the game and yes I see where to make community
    > lots. LOL
    >
    > Now.........I'll go hide my face.
    >
    > Joy

    mmmm - well, the cheat is

    changeLotZoning dorm

    And it is case sensitive for most people though not everyone apparently.
    And you *need* to start with a residential lot because you need the game to
    generate a mailbox. The bills still come if you don't have a box but your
    sims can't pay them and that means the Repo Man. Also you need to have
    certain things in the lot if you want the caterer to appear.

    I have typed this so many times now, I'm getting very bored but here goes
    (for the last time):

    In the kitchen:
    ShinyTyme Cooktop (it has to be this cooker)
    Counter Islands (at least 3 with the non-sitting side accessible to the
    cook, i.e. not against the wall)
    Dishwasher or sink in the same room as the ShinyTyme Cooktop
    Garbage Can or Waste Disposal
    Sprinkler

    And in the house somewhere (this is kind of obvious really and I'm not sure
    they are completely necessary for the lot to run as a dorm but your sim
    won't be going anywhere without the phone and things will be pretty murky
    without the lights):
    Lights
    Phone (at least one)

    Maxon wrote:
    > mmmm - well, the cheat is
    >
    > changeLotZoning dorm
    >
    > And it is case sensitive for most people though not everyone apparently.
    > And you *need* to start with a residential lot because you need the game to
    > generate a mailbox. The bills still come if you don't have a box but your
    > sims can't pay them and that means the Repo Man. Also you need to have
    > certain things in the lot if you want the caterer to appear.
    >
    > I have typed this so many times now, I'm getting very bored but here goes
    > (for the last time):
    >
    > In the kitchen:
    > ShinyTyme Cooktop (it has to be this cooker)
    > Counter Islands (at least 3 with the non-sitting side accessible to the
    > cook, i.e. not against the wall)
    > Dishwasher or sink in the same room as the ShinyTyme Cooktop
    > Garbage Can or Waste Disposal
    > Sprinkler
    >
    > And in the house somewhere (this is kind of obvious really and I'm not sure
    > they are completely necessary for the lot to run as a dorm but your sim
    > won't be going anywhere without the phone and things will be pretty murky
    > without the lights):
    > Lights
    > Phone (at least one)

    You can add lights and electronics and repaint/floor and add plants to a
    dorm once it is a dorm.

    I've never had bills at a dorm. This may be because of hacks though.

    -georg

    Yes, you can but it comes out of your sim's budget - if you cheat that's ok
    but if you don't then that can be a problem. And it must be because of
    hacks because I always have bills.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    > D'oh - glad you worked it out.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > maxon

    I think one of the reasons was that I don't ever go to community lots
    in univ. I go to
    the dorms, use hacks to get sims through college and use hacks to buy
    stuff from comm. lots. LOL

    I wrote this earlier:In the box,type "changelot zoning" without the
    quotation marks

    I forgot to mention that to get the cheat to work,press enter after
    typing it in.

    Just in case you didn't know how to use cheats.

    :-)

    Munch.

    You need to tell the game what you want to change the lot to as well.

    > I wrote this earlier:In the box,type "changelot zoning" without the
    > quotation marks
    >

    > I forgot to mention that to get the cheat to work,press enter after
    > typing it in.
    >
    > Just in case you didn't know how to use cheats.
    >
    > :-)
    >
    > Munch.

Sims Games Video Games