Deleting a custom University

Last response: in Video Games
August 14, 2005 11:08:48 PM

I made a custom university but I don't like it. I want to delete it, but
I can't find where I do it. There is no option to delete the
Universities.

Help me please....Joy
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 12:08:33 AM

joyplayer wrote:I made a custom university but I don't like it. I want
to delete it, but I can't find where I do it. There is no option to
delete the Universities.

Go to the Neighborhood screen and click on the college chooser.From
there,single-click on the university that you want to delete.This should
bring up the preview of the university.On the lower right of the picture
of the university,there should be a little trashcan-looking thing.click
on that,and there will probably be a confirmation screen.I never deleted
a university,so I don't really know about the confirmation screen.There
may also be quicker ways to do this,but I'm not sure.

Hope this helps!

Munch.
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 2:08:00 PM

No - that's the best way to do it but do remember to move out any sims you
want to keep before you do.

Best wishes
maxon

"munch simmons" <hibbasimmons@webtv.net> wrote in message
> Go to the Neighborhood screen and click on the college chooser.From
> there,single-click on the university that you want to delete.This should
> bring up the preview of the university.On the lower right of the picture
> of the university,there should be a little trashcan-looking thing.click
> on that,and there will probably be a confirmation screen.I never deleted
> a university,so I don't really know about the confirmation screen.There
> may also be quicker ways to do this,but I'm not sure.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Munch.

August 15, 2005 2:39:49 PM

Thank you for the reply but that doesn't work. I finally figured it out.
When you go into
college chooser, pick one that you don't want to delete. Then load up
that univ, then again click college chooser, click
the university you want to delete for the preview and that's when the
trashcan shows up and gives you
the option to delete. Whew!! Maxis made it so easy. LOL

Joy

"munch simmons" <hibbasimmons@webtv.net> wrote in message
> joyplayer wrote:I made a custom university but I don't like it. I want
> to delete it, but I can't find where I do it. There is no option to
> delete the Universities.
>
> Go to the Neighborhood screen and click on the college chooser.From
> there,single-click on the university that you want to delete.This
> should
> bring up the preview of the university.On the lower right of the
> picture
> of the university,there should be a little trashcan-looking
> thing.click
> on that,and there will probably be a confirmation screen.I never
> deleted
> a university,so I don't really know about the confirmation
> screen.There
> may also be quicker ways to do this,but I'm not sure.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Munch.

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 9:19:10 PM

Oh - I suppose most people assumed you wouldn't try to delete the
neighbourhood from inside it. Yes, it does work that way.

Best wishes
maxon

"joyplayer" <excuseme@nomail.com> wrote in message
> Thank you for the reply but that doesn't work. I finally figured it out.
> When you go into
> college chooser, pick one that you don't want to delete. Then load up
> that univ, then again click college chooser, click
> the university you want to delete for the preview and that's when the
> trashcan shows up and gives you
> the option to delete. Whew!! Maxis made it so easy. LOL
>
> Joy
>
> "munch simmons" <hibbasimmons@webtv.net> wrote in message
> > joyplayer wrote:I made a custom university but I don't like it. I want
> > to delete it, but I can't find where I do it. There is no option to
> > delete the Universities.
> >
> > Go to the Neighborhood screen and click on the college chooser.From
> > there,single-click on the university that you want to delete.This
> > should
> > bring up the preview of the university.On the lower right of the
> > picture
> > of the university,there should be a little trashcan-looking
> > thing.click
> > on that,and there will probably be a confirmation screen.I never
> > deleted
> > a university,so I don't really know about the confirmation
> > screen.There
> > may also be quicker ways to do this,but I'm not sure.
> >
> > Hope this helps!
> >
> > Munch.

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 1:27:22 AM

> Do you mean community lots (which are made just the same way as
> community
> lots in the regular neighbourhood) or dorms?
>
> Best wishes
> maxon

Well, I was thinking about lots for libraries & social activities. There
are several dorms
already made to pick from, but now that you mentioned it, yes Dorms too.

Joy
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 3:36:30 PM

You create community lots just like you do in the regular neighbourhood -
place a lot and choose the community option when it comes up. Enter the lot
and build in exactly the same way. I can't understand what difficulty you
can be having if you have built community lots in the regular neighbourhood.
It's exactly the same.

> Well, I was thinking about lots for libraries & social activities. There
> are several dorms
> already made to pick from, but now that you mentioned it, yes Dorms too.
>
> Joy

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 3:36:31 PM

> You create community lots just like you do in the regular
> neighbourhood -
> place a lot and choose the community option when it comes up. Enter
> the lot
> and build in exactly the same way. I can't understand what difficulty
> you
> can be having if you have built community lots in the regular
> neighbourhood.
> It's exactly the same.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon

I haven't built any community lots in the reg. neighborhoods. I added a
lot to my
new University lot to make a library, but I didn't see where I could
make it a community lot.
Maybe I overlooked something, I'll try it again. Thanks for your help.
:)

Duh me....LOL

Joy
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 3:36:32 PM

>> You create community lots just like you do in the regular
>> neighbourhood -
>> place a lot and choose the community option when it comes up. Enter
>> the lot
>> and build in exactly the same way. I can't understand what
>> difficulty you
>> can be having if you have built community lots in the regular
>> neighbourhood.
>> It's exactly the same.
>>
>> Best wishes
>> maxon

LOL I must have been having a "dumb" day. I'll blame it on the heat wave
and dry spell
we're having. I went into the game and yes I see where to make community
lots. LOL

Now.........I'll go hide my face.

Joy
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 3:28:02 AM

joyplayer wrote:There are several dorms
already made to pick from, but now that you mentioned it, yes Dorms too.

To make dorms,it is best to start off with a residential lot,IMO.From
there,build it to look how you want it,and be sure that the walls and
stuff like that are placed properly.After building and/or
furnishing,hold ctrl,shift, and c to bring up the cheat menu.In the
box,type "changelot zoning" without the quotation marks.Be sure to
save.Now,if you exit back to the university,the lot should come up as a
dorm.That's how I do it,anyway.

BTW,I think that someone said something about that "changelot zoning"
cheat being case sensitive,or something.Maybe someone here will clear
this up for me. :-)

I hope that this helps!

Munch.
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 1:27:00 PM

D'oh - glad you worked it out.

> "joyplayer" <excuseme@nomail.com> wrote in message
LOL I must have been having a "dumb" day. I'll blame it on the heat wave
> and dry spell
> we're having. I went into the game and yes I see where to make community
> lots. LOL
>
> Now.........I'll go hide my face.
>
> Joy

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 1:27:00 PM

mmmm - well, the cheat is

changeLotZoning dorm

And it is case sensitive for most people though not everyone apparently.
And you *need* to start with a residential lot because you need the game to
generate a mailbox. The bills still come if you don't have a box but your
sims can't pay them and that means the Repo Man. Also you need to have
certain things in the lot if you want the caterer to appear.

I have typed this so many times now, I'm getting very bored but here goes
(for the last time):

In the kitchen:
ShinyTyme Cooktop (it has to be this cooker)
Counter Islands (at least 3 with the non-sitting side accessible to the
cook, i.e. not against the wall)
Dishwasher or sink in the same room as the ShinyTyme Cooktop
Garbage Can or Waste Disposal
Sprinkler

And in the house somewhere (this is kind of obvious really and I'm not sure
they are completely necessary for the lot to run as a dorm but your sim
won't be going anywhere without the phone and things will be pretty murky
without the lights):
Lights
Phone (at least one)

> joyplayer wrote:There are several dorms
> already made to pick from, but now that you mentioned it, yes Dorms too.
>
> To make dorms,it is best to start off with a residential lot,IMO.From
> there,build it to look how you want it,and be sure that the walls and
> stuff like that are placed properly.After building and/or
> furnishing,hold ctrl,shift, and c to bring up the cheat menu.In the
> box,type "changelot zoning" without the quotation marks.Be sure to
> save.Now,if you exit back to the university,the lot should come up as a
> dorm.That's how I do it,anyway.
>
> BTW,I think that someone said something about that "changelot zoning"
> cheat being case sensitive,or something.Maybe someone here will clear
> this up for me. :-)
>
> I hope that this helps!
>
> Munch.

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 2:19:29 PM

Maxon wrote:
> mmmm - well, the cheat is
>
> changeLotZoning dorm
>
> And it is case sensitive for most people though not everyone apparently.
> And you *need* to start with a residential lot because you need the game to
> generate a mailbox. The bills still come if you don't have a box but your
> sims can't pay them and that means the Repo Man. Also you need to have
> certain things in the lot if you want the caterer to appear.
>
> I have typed this so many times now, I'm getting very bored but here goes
> (for the last time):
>
> In the kitchen:
> ShinyTyme Cooktop (it has to be this cooker)
> Counter Islands (at least 3 with the non-sitting side accessible to the
> cook, i.e. not against the wall)
> Dishwasher or sink in the same room as the ShinyTyme Cooktop
> Garbage Can or Waste Disposal
> Sprinkler
>
> And in the house somewhere (this is kind of obvious really and I'm not sure
> they are completely necessary for the lot to run as a dorm but your sim
> won't be going anywhere without the phone and things will be pretty murky
> without the lights):
> Lights
> Phone (at least one)

You can add lights and electronics and repaint/floor and add plants to a
dorm once it is a dorm.

I've never had bills at a dorm. This may be because of hacks though.

-georg
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 3:06:54 PM

Yes, you can but it comes out of your sim's budget - if you cheat that's ok
but if you don't then that can be a problem. And it must be because of
hacks because I always have bills.

Best wishes
maxon

"Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> You can add lights and electronics and repaint/floor and add plants to a
> dorm once it is a dorm.
>
> I've never had bills at a dorm. This may be because of hacks though.
>
> -georg
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 5:11:55 PM

> D'oh - glad you worked it out.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon

I think one of the reasons was that I don't ever go to community lots
in univ. I go to
the dorms, use hacks to get sims through college and use hacks to buy
stuff from comm. lots. LOL
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 6:36:27 PM

I wrote this earlier:In the box,type "changelot zoning" without the
quotation marks

I forgot to mention that to get the cheat to work,press enter after
typing it in.

Just in case you didn't know how to use cheats.

:-)

Munch.
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 2:12:06 AM

You need to tell the game what you want to change the lot to as well.

!