Will it work with MS Flight Simulator X?

G

How well will X4500HD handle an older program like Flight Simulator X? Just wondering what experiences were out there. Thanks.

CompuTronix

Intel Master
How well will X4500HD handle an older program like Flight Simulator X?
FSX remains the most CPU bound gaming title available today. It demands as much CPU horsepower as you can afford to throw at it. FSX frame rate is ~ 85%dependent upon CPU Cores and overclocking, so an i7 @ 4.0 Ghz yields responsive frame rates.

Although FSX runs best on mainstream nVidia GPU's, it also runs best on a single GPU, rather than SLI / CF / X2 GPU's, since multiple GPU's divert valuable CPU interrupts, which has the effect of actually reducing frame rates.

See Tom's Gaming Graphics Charts Q3/2008 - http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-graphics-charts-q3-2008/benchmarks,30.html

I've been a Flight Sim enthusiast since 4.0, so I've built all my PC's over the years as dedicated FSX rigs.

Comp :sol:

neo_virtual

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2009
How well will X4500HD handle an older program like Flight Simulator X? Just wondering what experiences were out there. Thanks.

MS Flight Simulator X is a defective program. There is only one company out there that would build a flight simulator (or a game) that runs at 15 fps in a high performance machine with high performance video hardware (where other modern games run 60+ fps). Before FSX was released the FSX demo was full of bugs, and they had to release a patch right away. The patch fixed a few things, but the game is still a power waster. It wastes all the CPU and GPU power. It is just badly designed.

My first advice to everyone: stay with FS 2004 and wait until the next version or patch to FSX (if one ever arrives).

Also, consider returning the FSX and asking for your money back.