Disable auto restore down

vyseman15

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
Hello,
is there a way to disable a window from restoring down when I click on it again (i.e. open my documents, click start, click my documents again which then proceeds to restore down) or to just switch to the wanted window despite it being open already? I am on winxp.
Thank You

If you click on the app that is already has focus in the task bar, it will minimize. If you want to swap to another widows that is not currently active, clicking on the icon in the taskbar will swap to that windows. If you want to go to another window without clicking on the taksbar, use Alt+Tab.

vyseman15

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
Thank you,
but, what I mean is that if one clicks on a folder, then maximizes it, then clicks on the same folder in the start menu, rather than just switching to the wanted and already opened window, it switches to the wanted folder and changes the size to about a 4th of the maximized window.

OK, I see what you are doing now. It does seem to do this, but what's interesting is that if you close the window, then open it again, it keeps the size. This only happens when you try to re-open an existing window.

You can easily avoid this by nor re-opening an already open window though :) Seems like it's a bug in the windows size memory Windows keeps.