Ahhhh, I've got a problem...

Earlier I was playing Sims2 just fine.... built a place, furnished, let her
go for a swim, took a picture, tried to turn on the "boolProp
testingCheatsEnabled true" but I guess I didn't spell it right...cuz it
didn't work....said something about no such cheat... so I exited the game to
find the info I read on here about cheats.... then I just went back in to
my game, and tried to build a corner store,....when i tried to build a wall
the agme crashed.... tried again game crashed....

Any ideas???

--
Rhiannon

That sounds a bit like one of the original bugs in the game - you are
patched, yes?

Try a different location to place a lot. I don't think it's to do with the
cheat that failed - if they fail they just don't do anything.

Best wishes
maxon

"Rhiannon" <boxall_1@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Earlier I was playing Sims2 just fine.... built a place, furnished, let
her
> go for a swim, took a picture, tried to turn on the "boolProp
> testingCheatsEnabled true" but I guess I didn't spell it right...cuz it
> didn't work....said something about no such cheat... so I exited the game
> find the info I read on here about cheats.... then I just went back in to
> my game, and tried to build a corner store,....when i tried to build a
wall
> the agme crashed.... tried again game crashed....
>
> Any ideas???
>
> --
> Rhiannon

i have university... so the patch is included yes...?

--
Rhiannon
> That sounds a bit like one of the original bugs in the game - you are
> patched, yes?
>
> Try a different location to place a lot. I don't think it's to do with
> the
> cheat that failed - if they fail they just don't do anything.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon
>

> "Rhiannon" <boxall_1@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> Earlier I was playing Sims2 just fine.... built a place, furnished, let
> her
>> go for a swim, took a picture, tried to turn on the "boolProp
>> testingCheatsEnabled true" but I guess I didn't spell it right...cuz it
>> didn't work....said something about no such cheat... so I exited the game
>> find the info I read on here about cheats.... then I just went back in
>> my game, and tried to build a corner store,....when i tried to build a
> wall
>> the agme crashed.... tried again game crashed....
>>
>> Any ideas???
>>
>> --
>> Rhiannon

Yes - so it's not that. It still does sound like the build bug we had right
back when the game was released. Odd - all I can suggest, as I said, is
trying a different location for your lot. If that doesn't work, I think you
should try somewhere with a bit more knowledge about game mechanics - like
mod the sims 2. Or you could try Maxis themselves but they can be very
unhelpful.

> i have university... so the patch is included yes...?

thanks!!

--
Rhiannon