Ahhhh, I've got a problem...

Earlier I was playing Sims2 just fine.... built a place, furnished, let her
go for a swim, took a picture, tried to turn on the "boolProp
testingCheatsEnabled true" but I guess I didn't spell it right...cuz it
didn't work....said something about no such cheat... so I exited the game to
find the info I read on here about cheats.... then I just went back in to
my game, and tried to build a corner store,....when i tried to build a wall
the agme crashed.... tried again game crashed....

Any ideas???

--
Rhiannon
4 answers Last reply

    That sounds a bit like one of the original bugs in the game - you are
    patched, yes?

    Try a different location to place a lot. I don't think it's to do with the
    cheat that failed - if they fail they just don't do anything.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    "Rhiannon" <boxall_1@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Earlier I was playing Sims2 just fine.... built a place, furnished, let
    her
    > go for a swim, took a picture, tried to turn on the "boolProp
    > testingCheatsEnabled true" but I guess I didn't spell it right...cuz it
    > didn't work....said something about no such cheat... so I exited the game
    > find the info I read on here about cheats.... then I just went back in to
    > my game, and tried to build a corner store,....when i tried to build a
    wall
    > the agme crashed.... tried again game crashed....
    >
    > Any ideas???
    >
    > --
    > Rhiannon

    i have university... so the patch is included yes...?

    --
    Rhiannon
    > That sounds a bit like one of the original bugs in the game - you are
    > patched, yes?
    >
    > Try a different location to place a lot. I don't think it's to do with
    > the
    > cheat that failed - if they fail they just don't do anything.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > maxon
    >

    > "Rhiannon" <boxall_1@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> Earlier I was playing Sims2 just fine.... built a place, furnished, let
    > her
    >> go for a swim, took a picture, tried to turn on the "boolProp
    >> testingCheatsEnabled true" but I guess I didn't spell it right...cuz it
    >> didn't work....said something about no such cheat... so I exited the game
    >> find the info I read on here about cheats.... then I just went back in
    >> my game, and tried to build a corner store,....when i tried to build a
    > wall
    >> the agme crashed.... tried again game crashed....
    >>
    >> Any ideas???
    >>
    >> --
    >> Rhiannon

    Yes - so it's not that. It still does sound like the build bug we had right
    back when the game was released. Odd - all I can suggest, as I said, is
    trying a different location for your lot. If that doesn't work, I think you
    should try somewhere with a bit more knowledge about game mechanics - like
    mod the sims 2. Or you could try Maxis themselves but they can be very
    unhelpful.

    > i have university... so the patch is included yes...?

    thanks!!

    --
    Rhiannon
    > Yes - so it's not that. It still does sound like the build bug we had
    > right
    > back when the game was released. Odd - all I can suggest, as I said, is
    > trying a different location for your lot. If that doesn't work, I think
    > you
    > should try somewhere with a bit more knowledge about game mechanics - like
    > mod the sims 2. Or you could try Maxis themselves but they can be very
    > unhelpful.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > maxon
    >

    > "Rhiannon" <boxall_1@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> i have university... so the patch is included yes...?

Sims Games Video Games