Need help deciding, please!

Guys, I need help. After 5 years I'm getting back into PC gaming (my income is substantially higher than my college years, thank god). I bought most of my components today, based off another thread in system builds section of the forum. Here's the gist of what I ordered today:

Monitor: Dell Ultrasharp 30" 3008WFP
CPU: Core i7 920 2.66
MB: ASRock x58 extreme
Ram: 6 gb pc1600
PSU: 750w Corsair

I'm looking to mainly game on the computer with some photo editing on the side (hence the ridiculously expensive monitor). I know I'll need some horsepower to power the monitor at max resolution. I play mostly FPS and RTS. I'm leaning towards a new 5870 if I can find one, and just add another in crossfire later on when one just doesn't cut it. Looking at a budget of $400. What's a good match for the build/monitor?
2 answers Last reply
More about need deciding please
  1. the 5870 would be great (since you have 2560x1600 res) and you will be able to add another later, the Corsair 750TX is a very highly recommended PSU
  2. Gotcha, so it sounds like 5870 is best bang for the buck given my needs. You wouldn't recommend like 2 x 4890's or something like that. Probably wouldn't be very 'future proof' I'd imagine...
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Monitors Graphics