Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

XSPC Raystorm kits on the shelves?

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
a c 324 K Overclocking
November 14, 2011 8:38:35 PM

Looks like the XSPC Rasa series kits may be discontinued and substituted with the Raystorm EX kits:

http://specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/XSPC-Raystorm-750-EX360-WaterCooling-Kit--EX-Series-Kit-AMD-pid-14808.html

If anything, they may discontinue the RS series kits and update the RX series to include the Raystorm blocks. I don't really see XSPC keeping an RS/EX/RX series set of kits. **Note, the linked kit is AMD only, no Intel support as-of yet, unless someone can find proof elsewhere. (I stand corrected; Intel version DOES exist- different block design, obviously. (link) I didn't see any of these on the usual US sites, but I only glanced out there.

Thoughts anyone?
November 15, 2011 1:31:35 AM

rubix_1011 said:
Looks like the XSPC Rasa series kits may be discontinued and substituted with the Raystorm EX kits:

http://specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/XSPC-Raystorm-750-EX360-WaterCooling-Kit--EX-Series-Kit-AMD-pid-14808.html

If anything, they may discontinue the RS series kits and update the RX series to include the Raystorm blocks. I don't really see XSPC keeping an RS/EX/RX series set of kits. **Note, the linked kit is AMD only, no Intel support as-of yet, unless someone can find proof elsewhere. (I stand corrected; Intel version DOES exist- different block design, obviously. (link) I didn't see any of these on the usual US sites, but I only glanced out there.

Thoughts anyone?


I think you are better off buying a Raystorm or Swiftech HD waterblock,Swiftech pump and 360 or 480 Swiftech rad and be done with it.
November 15, 2011 2:32:30 AM

Is that pump decent enough for 1-2 GPU blocks to? considering aussie prices, the kit is worth it for the rad/block alone.
Related resources
a c 324 K Overclocking
November 15, 2011 1:11:02 PM

A lot of people use it for a CPU+GPU loop (well the Rasa kits, anyway). The pump isn't spectacular, but will work for a loop like that.

Quote:
I think you are better off buying a Raystorm or Swiftech HD waterblock,Swiftech pump and 360 or 480 Swiftech rad and be done with it.


I agree- but there are a lot of people out there that think you should buy everything in the same, single, pretty, shiny box...even if you can get better stuff by building your own. :)  I guess people just want simple- they want the easiest route to getting the participation trophy.
a b K Overclocking
November 15, 2011 3:59:21 PM

one thing I will add, the XSPC X20 750 Pump & Reservoir combo is dead silent. the water surrounding the pump removes id say 95% of the noise, can't hear the thing at all once you put the plug on the resivoir. can't say about the swiftech, haven't needed one, and the 750 is equivalent to the swiftec mcp655 on setting 3.
a c 324 K Overclocking
November 15, 2011 4:07:28 PM

Swiftech/Laing pumps are very, very quiet. I own a DDC and D5- both are almost completely silent and very powerful.
November 15, 2011 4:24:07 PM

noob2222 said:
one thing I will add, the XSPC X20 750 Pump & Reservoir combo is dead silent. the water surrounding the pump removes id say 95% of the noise, can't hear the thing at all once you put the plug on the resivoir. can't say about the swiftech, haven't needed one, and the 750 is equivalent to the swiftec mcp655 on setting 3.


I can and DO say that about the Swiftech, My 35x makes has pwm and is completely silent. No noise playing games or using any applications. If you use prime95 or Intelliburn with cpu at 100 percent you might hear a low hum if you put your ear close to it.
November 15, 2011 4:32:58 PM

rubix_1011 said:
A lot of people use it for a CPU+GPU loop (well the Rasa kits, anyway). The pump isn't spectacular, but will work for a loop like that.

Quote:
I think you are better off buying a Raystorm or Swiftech HD waterblock,Swiftech pump and 360 or 480 Swiftech rad and be done with it.


I agree- but there are a lot of people out there that think you should buy everything in the same, single, pretty, shiny box...even if you can get better stuff by building your own. :)  I guess people just want simple- they want the easiest route to getting the participation trophy.


I know, but this isn't like building your own 508" big block motor with dozens or hundreds of individual parts. All you need is one water block, one rad, one pump, 10 ft tubing, 3 fans, 4 barbs and you have a basic kit. All can be ordered from one store. (but I'd shop around for best prices)
a c 324 K Overclocking
November 15, 2011 4:37:31 PM

Right, I agree...(again on the car references along side watercooling) :) 

Watercooling isn't that difficult; it's just potentially expensive relative to other cooling solutions. The best part about it is that you almost have so many choices and possibilities when building a loop. There isn't really one best way to do anything...that's why it's so much fun.
!