search assistant on taskbar

pat

Expert

The "search assistant" appeared on my taskbar and I'd
like to turn it off as it just gets in the way. I've
right clicked on the taskbar and unchecked it, but it
reappears every time I restart the computer. Any
permanent solution to this annoyance? Thanks

Which toolbar is it (i.e. the manufacturer)? Sometimes these types of apps
will provide an option to turn them off permanently.

In lieu of a better solution, you can just run a spyware cleaner; some of
the companies that provide Spyware or Adware removal programs include:
- Javacool Software - For more information, visit the Javacool Web site
at: http://www.wilderssecurity.net/specialinfo/rapidblaster.html
- Lavasoft - For more information, visit the Lavasoft Web site at:
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
- Pest Patrol - For more information, visit the Pest Patrol Web site
at: http://www.pestpatrol.com/
- Spybot - For more information, visit the Spybot Web site
at: http://www.safer-networking.org/

The third-party products discussed here are manufactured by companies that
are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or
otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.

--
Please reply in newsgroup.