Air flow stability

lookerup

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
i was wondering if i buy the rosewill challenger would the air flow be stable. it comes with one 140 mm fan and 2 120 mm in the front and front. if the measurement of the fans are different they do have different RPM am i right? so i was thinking about replacing the 140 mm fan and add 2 more 120mm. would that cause it to be more stabilized?

Not sure i follow you.
The case comes with 2 x 120mm front intakes.
120mm rear exhaust and a 140mm top exhaust.
Pretty much an ideal cooling set-up.
Foolish to replace a 140mm with a 120mm imo if that's what you're thinking.
Side fans are not great imo and adding one on that case will prevent you from adding a decent aftermarket cpu cooler.

hapkido

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

No. Your case can also have either positive or negative pressure. Mine has negative pressure, where my 2x140mm exhaust fans move more air than my 2x120mm intake fans. But that additional air has to come from somewhere, so it pulls air in through the vents/grills. Positive pressure would be the opposite, where more air is coming in than escaping, so the excess air would be pushed out through vents/grills. Toms just put up an article explaining it in more detail.

hapkido

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

There are definitely wrong ways to do it. But if you don't fight thermodynamics (hot air rises and needs to exit out the top), you should be ok.