DFI Lanparty 790FXB M2RS / Windows 7

nachota1987

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
hi guys!

ive just built a pc and after installing windows 7, im trying to install the chipset drivers but it says its for XP and Vista and cant install them. I cant find any drivers for 7. Should i run it in a kind of compatibility mode or where could i find the drivers?

THX!

nachota1987

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009

i used the ones from the box.. in that page ive found only the chipset drivers and i dont know if it supports 7. what about the audio, lan, video, etc drivers?

I don't know. I don't have a DFI motherboard. I just thought it might help to download the latest versions from the website. There are also downloads for the LAN and RAID drivers on that page.

Keep in mind that Windows 7 isn't even released yet, so you can't expect all the manufacturers to have stable drivers out for it yet. The drivers built into Windows 7 should at least give you enough functionality to use the system until official Windows 7 drivers are released.

The motherboard doesn't have onboard graphics, so you'll have to download the graphics drivers from ATI or Nvidia depending on what GPU you have. You GPU should have come with a driver disk.

Again, the built in audio drivers should at least give you basic functionality.

nachota1987

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
the lan drivers i nthe web page are for xp and vista.. maybe its as u say, that its not released yet..

i friend of mine told me that windows installed the drivers automatically.. can that be?

JessicaD

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
Nachota1987,

Thank you for evaluating Windows 7 and it's great to hear that you are enjoying your experience so much! If you are planning on purchasing Windows 7 when it is released it may be helpful to know you don't have to wait until October to reserve your copy of Win 7! You can pre-order your copy of Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional today. For more information, see the Windows 7 Pre-Order offer page here: http://tinyurl.com/nldc8p

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team