Sign in with
Your question

Athlon 64 X2 5200+ "Brisbane"

Last response: in Overclocking
November 15, 2011 2:35:38 AM

Next time I'll be sure to read all the forum names before I post in the wrong section, or rather just not the specific one :/ 

Running stock at 2.7, HT at 1006, Bus at 206 or so. My overclocking profiles on my motherboard got it up to 2896mhz on its highest profile setting. Not too bad, but nothing noticeable when it comes to performance. So I tweaked things myself, 100+mv, increased the bus to 220, multipliers are locked at x13.5. Surprisingly everything booted up and CPUID had it at 296*, I don't recall the exact speed but basically aching to be 3.0. THEN viola, graphics went haywire and my screen was... well, a spectrum to put it simply.

Thoughts? I'm sure this isn't the best CPU to overclock but it sure does seem capable. Anything else I can do?

Stock cooler, by the way, I didn't have time to check temps before it stalled/crashed on me. And yes, its working at stock speed now, simple reset on the bios.

More about : athlon 5200 brisbane

a c 159 à CPUs
a c 286 K Overclocking
November 15, 2011 6:11:08 PM

Hi and welcome to Tom's forum.

1- You need a better cooler for overclock that CPU
2- I'm pretty sure that you problem was caused for the overclock, did you saw a BSoD?
November 16, 2011 3:33:18 AM

saint19 said:
Hi and welcome to Tom's forum.

1- You need a better cooler for overclock that CPU
2- I'm pretty sure that you problem was caused for the overclock, did you saw a BSoD?

I'd like to just overclock as much as possible to what my stock cooler can take, I wasn't able to check temperatures to see if thats why it crashed or not. No, it did not BSoD, it loaded Windows perfectly, then when I ran SpeedFan to check temps, the graphics went bad and the screen had several coolers. I know its because of the overclock since everything is running fine after resetting the bios.

Just want to know what else I can do to overclock my Brisbane.

CPU: 2.7
FSB: 200
HT LINK: 1000MHZ
VOLTAGE: 1.392
Multiplier: x13.5

Stock temperature stays around 43 to 47c
Related resources
a c 159 à CPUs
a c 286 K Overclocking
November 16, 2011 11:06:28 AM

Your CPU is locked, so, the only way for overclock it using the BIOS is rising the FSB.
November 16, 2011 5:45:21 PM

saint19 said:
Your CPU is locked, so, the only way for overclock it using the BIOS is rising the FSB.

Lol thats what I did, since I obviously overclocked it once already. The first post I put says so, 220 on the FSB, raised the voltage and the multiplier stays at 13.5. But thats when the graphics went crazy after loading Windows. The CPU speed was at about 2986.

Anyways, don't worry about it anymore.
a c 159 à CPUs
a c 286 K Overclocking
November 16, 2011 5:56:52 PM

What happen if you do it again?
!