Should I wait?

bb-tx

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
Before I do too much research...

BUDGET: @750

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Should I just wait a week for the new i5/i7 cores and for all of the respective pricing to settle down? I am assuming the i5 will push me out of my pricerange, and also be a bit overpriced at launch.

If I should wait, how long is a good time to wait?

SYSTEM USAGE: World of Warcraft, iTunes, General Browsing, sometimes streaming TV shows I missed

PREFERRED WEBSITES: Anything not auction related

PARTS PREFERENCES: Mid-tower

OVERCLOCKING: Not experienced, but willing to mess with it

MONITOR RESOLUTION: Standard 22" Acer (basically generic) monitor, 1680x1050

The i5 launch will certainly push down prices of AM3 CPUs which will make them a good value. Their prices have already been falling as i5s have become available despite the fact that retailers aren't suppose to be selling them yet :D. The 5800 cards from ATI should launch at the end of the month and push down prices of every other GPU so I say it just depends on you. At the least, wait until next week. If you want to wait till the end of the month for the 5800 series launch it's up to you :D.

godless

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
i think i would pay off to wait a month for prices to get down. nw graphics cards are out at the end of the month too. it will lower price of current cards or give you the benefit of buying newer and better.

TRENDING THREADS