win2k installation failure

G

Hi! Well, I've been through the win2k installation procedure more than I'd like to have. With each attempt a bit closer. I've been through the bootdisk process, which left me at a End User License Agreement (EULA) cannot be found error. I reverted back to installing via CD, using a win98 bootdisk, loading smartdrv, and then runnng winnt.exe. This is the most stable (before I was getting error code 4, ntfs.sys errors) One file, adsldpc.dll could not be copied, I finally skipped the file in hope of running Recovery Console. The remainder of the installation goes without a hitch, until reboot. When the Windows "black and white" starting screen appears, it stops, giving an error of \winnt\config\SYSTEMced could not be loaded. *POOF* I gave up for right now, have to work on homework. I've dug around in the support articles at MS, and possibly, the short shutdown time is responsible for this last battle (I hope) Any suggestions, or websites you can re-direct me to would be much appreciated.

G

Long file name wasnt copyied right with yer burnt copy of the cd sorry dude make a partition and throw the i386 folder there and install from that.

-Spuddy

<font color=red>Being Evil Is Good. Cause I Can Be A Prick And Get Away With It.</font color=red> :lol: