AMD Phenom x4 955 BE

Hello all,

I've currently got my 955 BE overlocked at 3.81Ghz - on stock cooler. I plan on buying a new after market air cooler (Suggestions would be greatly appreciated :] ) and I just really wanted some expert opinions on whether this is safe?

The computer itself is really stable, I had some defective RAM which I replaced and the new sticks passed a memtest with no errors. Using a torture test on prime95 it sits between 57-60 degrees, is this safe? I'm curious as I've read that 62 is the max, but am I sitting way to close to this? During games it never goes above, 52-58 though.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/overclocking.png/

Thanks for any input!
6 answers Last reply
More about phenom
  1. Hi and welcome to Tom's forum.

What CPU revision do you have? The max temp is 62ºC but I'd not go above 55ºC on overclock.
  2. I would totally go for a noctua NH-D14 for after market air... I have the same chip and am currently running it with a Corsair H60 which is also great
  3. Thanks for the help!

I'm currently running on Revision RB-C3? Well according to CPUZ I am. Maybe I should go down to 3.6 to get it back under 55°C.

Thanks for the cooling suggestion, it looks sweet, as for the Corsair, it seems very cheap for a water cooler at the moment from amazon!
    Is this the same as yours?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004MYFOE2/ref=asc_df_B004MYFOE25252617?smid=A17AS5ETPMZ9A1&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22218&creativeASIN=B004MYFOE2
  4. yes, but don't expect super awesome results from it... it keeps it cool BUT as a closed loop cooler it's not really going to do much better than air... the D14 will actually probably out cool it... the thing I love about it the most is it seems to open up the case and allow for better overall airflow
  5. With that revision and a decent cooler liks Cooler Master V6GT, Noctua NH-D14, Thermalright Archon or Thermalright silver arrow you can get the 4GHz stable with good temps.
  6. saint19 said:
    With that revision and a decent cooler liks Cooler Master V6GT, Noctua NH-D14, Thermalright Archon or Thermalright silver arrow you can get the 4GHz stable with good temps.

Thanks very much for the information, both of you!
    Glad I decided to finally register after 5 years of reading this site! lol
Ask a new question

Read More

AMD Cooling Phenom Overclocking