Object problem

Hi,

Yesterday while playing TS2 (with University) I noticed that one of the
Maxis original tables doesn't work properly anymore in my game. It's the 3
tile brass table with glass top. For some reason, it only takes up 2 tiles
now. Don't get me wrong, the table still looks the same, but for example
when trying to move it, it'll only have 2 tiles beneath it. It really
bothers me because I tend to use that table a lot and now only 4 sims will
use it instead of 6. I guess it might be a downloaded recolor that messed
it up... but is there some way to restore the original table without having
to reinstall the whole game?

TIA!
4 answers Last reply
More about object problem

    Well, you could try taking out your Downloads folder, running the game and
    seeing if the table reverts back to how it was originally. Try it out on a
    test lot. I can't think which table you must mean - I can't think of any
    six-seater, 3-tile table except the refectory/cafeteria one for students.
    Anyway, if it does revert, then there's something in Downloads which is
    causing the problem, if it doesn't then that's not the problem. Recolours
    shouldn't alter a mesh anyway, so I'm pretty sure it's not that but it might
    be a new mesh you have DL which hasn't had it's GUID altered and is
    replacing the original object in the game.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    "Glycerine" <dontspamme@my.mail> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Yesterday while playing TS2 (with University) I noticed that one of the
    > Maxis original tables doesn't work properly anymore in my game. It's the
    3
    > tile brass table with glass top. For some reason, it only takes up 2
    tiles
    > now. Don't get me wrong, the table still looks the same, but for example
    > when trying to move it, it'll only have 2 tiles beneath it. It really
    > bothers me because I tend to use that table a lot and now only 4 sims will
    > use it instead of 6. I guess it might be a downloaded recolor that messed
    > it up... but is there some way to restore the original table without
    having
    > to reinstall the whole game?
    >
    > TIA!

    >Recolours shouldn't alter a mesh anyway, so I'm pretty sure it's not that but it >might be a new mesh you have DL which hasn't had it's GUID altered and is
    >replacing the original object in the game.

    Bound to be a dodgy mesh. I downloaded one that made a default Maxis
    hair go all funny. Removed the mesh and it fixed it. The problem is
    trying to find the package causing the problem.

    Glycerine wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Yesterday while playing TS2 (with University) I noticed that one of
    > the Maxis original tables doesn't work properly anymore in my game.
    > It's the 3 tile brass table with glass top. For some reason, it only
    > takes up 2 tiles now. Don't get me wrong, the table still looks the
    > same, but for example when trying to move it, it'll only have 2 tiles
    > beneath it. It really bothers me because I tend to use that table a
    > lot and now only 4 sims will use it instead of 6. I guess it might
    > be a downloaded recolor that messed it up... but is there some way to
    > restore the original table without having to reinstall the whole game?
    >
    > TIA!

    I can't think of which table you are talking about. There was one three
    tiled table with a glass top in the original game, but it wasn't brass, it
    was wood. And the cafeteria tables are just blah looking, not snazzy like
    brass and glass. As Maxon said, it's possible someone cloned the table you
    are thinking of and didn't change the GUID for it, so their new one is
    replacing the old one. I had that problem with the country kitchen from TSR
    Farm Theme. It had a breadbox/microwave that completely replaced the
    regular microwave. The creator fixed that one and redownloading and
    installing it replaced the other one so everything is fine now.

    BTW, you can get 6 sims to use any two tiled table. Just place a chair at
    each end along with the two on each side.

    Jeanie

    Maxon and Jeanie, you're both right. It wasn't a brass table with glass
    top, it was wood with glass (the one where you see the wood crossing
    underneath the glass top). Anyway, I'll try what you suggested... see if I
    can find the problem in my downloads. Thanks for the advice!

Sims Games Video Games