nizankhan

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Good morning guys.

I have Hp Pavillion dv6000 series laptop, and recently my Hard Drive got virus and would not log in so I replaced the hard disk of my laptop and installed the operating system Windows 7. Now my Old Hard drive is SATA i think its 2.5", i bought this laptop in 2008 end of August. There are some family pictures and some important documents I want to recover from that old hard drive.

Please note I did not format the old hard drive. Old hard drive had 3 drives C, D and F. Windows was installed in C drive and files got corrupted or something and it wouldn't let me log in. I was planning to replace the hard disk for long time so i didnt bother much to do anything. So i just took the hard disk out and put a new. So nothing has been formatted and I am 100% sure of that.

Is there anyway I can connect my Old Hard drive to my laptop or my desktop and recover the files. Please help me with this situation I do not want to lose my family pictures. Thank you in advance for helping me. I really appreciate your help.

Regards

davel_68

Distinguished
May 7, 2011

In the UK, the one I bought, which includes a Power supply (not all of these types of devices do), is

http://www.usbnow.co.uk/p52/USB_2.0_IDE_&_SATA_Cable_%28with_Power_Supply%29/product_info.html?gclid=CMbb28Ou2akCFUoc4QodmBLRNg

Works really well