Sign in with
Your question

I want to recover my data

Last response: in Storage
June 28, 2011 6:10:35 PM

Good morning guys.

I have Hp Pavillion dv6000 series laptop, and recently my Hard Drive got virus and would not log in so I replaced the hard disk of my laptop and installed the operating system Windows 7. Now my Old Hard drive is SATA i think its 2.5", i bought this laptop in 2008 end of August. There are some family pictures and some important documents I want to recover from that old hard drive.

Please note I did not format the old hard drive. Old hard drive had 3 drives C, D and F. Windows was installed in C drive and files got corrupted or something and it wouldn't let me log in. I was planning to replace the hard disk for long time so i didnt bother much to do anything. So i just took the hard disk out and put a new. So nothing has been formatted and I am 100% sure of that.

Is there anyway I can connect my Old Hard drive to my laptop or my desktop and recover the files. Please help me with this situation I do not want to lose my family pictures. Thank you in advance for helping me. I really appreciate your help.

Regards

More about : recover data

a b D Laptop
a c 356 G Storage
June 28, 2011 6:24:12 PM

You can stick the drive in a cheap USB enclosure and connect it to your laptop. if the drive is still intact, you should be able to copy the files off of it.
Related resources
June 28, 2011 6:34:33 PM

Thank you for your help. I will try to buy that product.
!