Death-bound sims?

Last response: in Video Games
August 17, 2005 3:32:49 AM

I created a sim family of 5: 2 parents, 2 toddlers and a baby, plus a nanny
that befriended the family so she hung around most of the time. I left the
game to play for a few hours on its own, while I went out. After 4 hours or
so I returned to the computer, curious to see what my sims had been up to
while I was gone. Apparently the whole family got erradicated. I would've
thought that if they did die, they'd probably started a kitchen fire or
something, but the whole house was intact. I found two urns, so I'm
guessing the kids got taken away and the parents died.

Are sims really THAT incapable of taking care of themselves?? Are they
actually too dumb to simply keep themselves from dying??

More about : death bound sims

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 3:32:50 AM

Glycerine wrote:

> Are sims really THAT incapable of taking care of themselves?? Are
> they actually too dumb to simply keep themselves from dying??

Yep. Especially right after you create them.

Gareeth
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 3:32:50 AM

"Glycerine" <dontspamme@my.mail> wrote in message
>I created a sim family of 5: 2 parents, 2 toddlers and a baby, plus a nanny
> that befriended the family so she hung around most of the time. I left
> the
> game to play for a few hours on its own, while I went out. After 4 hours
> or
> so I returned to the computer, curious to see what my sims had been up to
> while I was gone. Apparently the whole family got erradicated. I
> would've
> thought that if they did die, they'd probably started a kitchen fire or
> something, but the whole house was intact. I found two urns, so I'm
> guessing the kids got taken away and the parents died.
>
> Are sims really THAT incapable of taking care of themselves?? Are they
> actually too dumb to simply keep themselves from dying??

I sometimes think so. Every single time I have forgotten to pause a game and
returned later I find a Sim has died. happened about 5 or 6 times.

Only once I saw a burned stove.

One time I found an urn by a now empty computer desk. Didn;t even know
computers could kill. SIMS, I mean!
And where did it go? Why no ashes?
Poor Selina Snake-Hips. Gone, but not forgotten. She got Googled.

August 17, 2005 11:06:30 AM

Glycerine wrote:
> I created a sim family of 5: 2 parents, 2 toddlers and a baby, plus a nanny
> that befriended the family so she hung around most of the time. I left the
> game to play for a few hours on its own, while I went out. After 4 hours or
> so I returned to the computer, curious to see what my sims had been up to
> while I was gone. Apparently the whole family got erradicated. I would've
> thought that if they did die, they'd probably started a kitchen fire or
> something, but the whole house was intact. I found two urns, so I'm
> guessing the kids got taken away and the parents died.
>
> Are sims really THAT incapable of taking care of themselves?? Are they
> actually too dumb to simply keep themselves from dying??

I once threw a party for my sims and left while they were partying.
When I returned a while later most of them were dead. The urns were all
outdoors, mostly near the pool. Couldn't for the life of me figure out
what could have killed so many sims in the pool. Did one try to repair
the TV in the water??? Then another time while throwing another party I
saw something that explained it.

Turns out many of them went swimming. One got tired and got out, then
fell asleep immediately in front of the ladder. Another sim got out and
fell asleep in front of the other ladder. Now all the exits were
blocked. Not only that, but, being stupidity loves company, other sims
happily came outside and dove into the pool, unaware their exits were
blocked.

The original sims woke up and went home, fat, dumb and happy. I could
just hear them saying, "Duuuh, where'd everybody go?"

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

Computers can kill - when a Sim tries to repair a broken computer it can
eloctrocute them! I had a Sim walking around all "burnt" one time.....while
I made him take a shower I checked his memories and sure enough, there was
one of him getting zapped by the computer.

Dummies.

Julie

"Veronica L" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Glycerine" <dontspamme@my.mail> wrote in message
>>I created a sim family of 5: 2 parents, 2 toddlers and a baby, plus a
>>nanny
>> that befriended the family so she hung around most of the time. I left
>> the
>> game to play for a few hours on its own, while I went out. After 4 hours
>> or
>> so I returned to the computer, curious to see what my sims had been up to
>> while I was gone. Apparently the whole family got erradicated. I
>> would've
>> thought that if they did die, they'd probably started a kitchen fire or
>> something, but the whole house was intact. I found two urns, so I'm
>> guessing the kids got taken away and the parents died.
>>
>> Are sims really THAT incapable of taking care of themselves?? Are they
>> actually too dumb to simply keep themselves from dying??
>>
> I sometimes think so. Every single time I have forgotten to pause a game
> and returned later I find a Sim has died. happened about 5 or 6 times.
>
> Only once I saw a burned stove.
>
> One time I found an urn by a now empty computer desk. Didn;t even know
> computers could kill. SIMS, I mean!
> And where did it go? Why no ashes?
> Poor Selina Snake-Hips. Gone, but not forgotten. She got Googled.

August 17, 2005 8:46:07 PM

"marcesent" <jkbarton@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
news:p SIMe.152267$0f.15218@tornado.texas.rr.com...
> Computers can kill - when a Sim tries to repair a broken computer it can
> eloctrocute them! I had a Sim walking around all "burnt" one
> time.....while I made him take a shower I checked his memories and sure
> enough, there was one of him getting zapped by the computer.
>
> Dummies.

Just thought of another way to... em, help the Sim over-population problem
IF broken computer AND toddler THEN get toddler to play in the toilet until
wet floor.
Usercheat the victim to dumbo technical.
Move computer desk to bathroom in puddle.
Get dumbo to fix computer.

I wonder if it would work?

Wide-eyed spouse of poor fried thing tells police 'But I thought everybody
had a computer in the bathroom.'
No jury would ever convict them
Freed spouse then gambols of to make whoopee with fancy man/woman or Nervous
Subject depending on taste..
August 17, 2005 8:59:43 PM

Veronica L wrote:
> "marcesent" <jkbarton@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:p SIMe.152267$0f.15218@tornado.texas.rr.com...
>
>>Computers can kill - when a Sim tries to repair a broken computer it can
>>eloctrocute them! I had a Sim walking around all "burnt" one
>>time.....while I made him take a shower I checked his memories and sure
>>enough, there was one of him getting zapped by the computer.
>>
>>Dummies.
>>

> Just thought of another way to... em, help the Sim over-population problem
> IF broken computer AND toddler THEN get toddler to play in the toilet until
> wet floor.
> Usercheat the victim to dumbo technical.
> Move computer desk to bathroom in puddle.
> Get dumbo to fix computer.
>
> I wonder if it would work?
>
> Wide-eyed spouse of poor fried thing tells police 'But I thought everybody
> had a computer in the bathroom.'
> No jury would ever convict them
> Freed spouse then gambols of to make whoopee with fancy man/woman or Nervous
> Subject depending on taste..

Sadly, someone else always mopped up the dishwasher before I could get
Destry over to fix it. Depressed the heck out of me.

-georg
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 10:49:59 PM

marcesent wrote:
> Computers can kill - when a Sim tries to repair a broken computer it
> can eloctrocute them!

What's crazier than killer computers is killer weight machines. When they
break they also give off electric current and can zap a Sim. Doesn't matter
if that darn things never have electricity to run in the non-Sim world.

Gareeth
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 11:05:24 PM

Gareeth wrote:
> marcesent wrote:
>
>>Computers can kill - when a Sim tries to repair a broken computer it
>>can eloctrocute them!
>

> What's crazier than killer computers is killer weight machines. When they
> break they also give off electric current and can zap a Sim. Doesn't matter
> if that darn things never have electricity to run in the non-Sim world.
>
> Gareeth

My bike machine has an electric doohickey that keeps track of miles and
mph. I don't keep the battery in it though.

My mom's glider thing has a console to make a fighter pilot blush. It
has a self-charging battery, so it could shock the unsuspecting if broken.

And I have seen treadmill machines that need to be plugged in.... to run
the little TV on them.

You'd be surprised.

-georg
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 11:50:36 PM

Georg wrote:
> Gareeth wrote:
>
>> marcesent wrote:
>>
>>> Computers can kill - when a Sim tries to repair a broken computer it
>>> can eloctrocute them!
>>

>> What's crazier than killer computers is killer weight machines. When
>> they break they also give off electric current and can zap a Sim.
>> Doesn't matter if that darn things never have electricity to run in
>> the non-Sim world.
>>
>> Gareeth
>>

> My bike machine has an electric doohickey that keeps track of miles and
> mph. I don't keep the battery in it though.

I doubt that'd be enough electicity to kill you.

> My mom's glider thing has a console to make a fighter pilot blush.

"I'm going in for some exercise. Set the flaps!"

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

Veronica L wrote:

> Just thought of another way to... em, help the Sim over-population
> problem IF broken computer AND toddler THEN get toddler to play in
> the toilet until wet floor.
> Usercheat the victim to dumbo technical.
> Move computer desk to bathroom in puddle.
> Get dumbo to fix computer.

I once had a mind to try and recharge the thinking cap by letting a
computer-repairing sim wear one. But I don't think it works.

T.
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 6:58:27 AM

Georg wrote:
>> My bike machine has an electric doohickey that keeps track of miles
> and mph. I don't keep the battery in it though.
>
> My mom's glider thing has a console to make a fighter pilot blush. It
> has a self-charging battery, so it could shock the unsuspecting if
> broken.
> And I have seen treadmill machines that need to be plugged in.... to
> run the little TV on them.

I don't think the amount of charge on something that keeps track of distance
would ever be enough to even shock you let alone kill you but the things I
am talking about never have any electric giamos on them. They leg curl
machine and the arm press etc... Treadmills often need to be plugged in
since most of them have varying speeds for the treads but in the Sims2 all
exercise machines are electric and that is just ridiculous.

Gareeth
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 7:25:20 AM

> Georg wrote:

> I don't think the amount of charge on something that keeps track of
> distance would ever be enough to even shock you let alone kill you but the
> things I am talking about never have any electric giamos on them. They leg
> curl machine and the arm press etc... Treadmills often need to be plugged
> in since most of them have varying speeds for the treads but in the Sims2
> all exercise machines are electric and that is just ridiculous.

Yars.

Has anybody ever been shocked by the dratted electric car?
If I thought that was possible I might risk using it again, in a puddle.

August 18, 2005 7:25:21 AM

I would never ever use the Remote control car. It corrupts files. I nearly
lost a lot because of it! It Is EVIL. Avoid it at all cost!

BD

> "Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Georg wrote:
>

>> I don't think the amount of charge on something that keeps track of
>> distance would ever be enough to even shock you let alone kill you but
>> the things I am talking about never have any electric giamos on them.
>> They leg curl machine and the arm press etc... Treadmills often need to
>> be plugged in since most of them have varying speeds for the treads but
>> in the Sims2 all exercise machines are electric and that is just
>> ridiculous.
>>
> Yars.
>
> Has anybody ever been shocked by the dratted electric car?
> If I thought that was possible I might risk using it again, in a puddle.

August 18, 2005 3:49:14 PM

Leave that alone, Granny. Please for all our sanity - we don't want to go
through you having to reload again!

Honestly, the thing is a menace - creates major bug-fests.

Best wishes
maxon

"Veronica L" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yars.
>
> Has anybody ever been shocked by the dratted electric car?
> If I thought that was possible I might risk using it again, in a puddle.

August 18, 2005 6:31:00 PM

> Leave that alone, Granny. Please for all our sanity - we don't want to go
> through you having to reload again!

Who you think I am, Annie Oakley?

> Honestly, the thing is a menace - creates major bug-fests.

Too true.
Pity though, isn't it?

I say, doesn ANYone play that awful pseudo Bingo/Lotto game in Sims2 any
more?
Or did someone bring out a hack to prevent a Sim getting up in the morning
and going to stand by the machine looking hopeful despite there only being
one other person in the house and they are getting ready for work.
A reak clunker, that was.

August 18, 2005 6:31:01 PM

I tried that once. I had a party in a dorm at university. It was a total
disaster. I could not get them coordinated. Very frustrating and a waste
of time. The party was a complete loss. Never attempted it again.

BD

>> Leave that alone, Granny. Please for all our sanity - we don't want to
>> go
>> through you having to reload again!
>
> Who you think I am, Annie Oakley?
>>
>> Honestly, the thing is a menace - creates major bug-fests.
>>
> Too true.
> Pity though, isn't it?
>
> I say, doesn ANYone play that awful pseudo Bingo/Lotto game in Sims2 any
> more?
> Or did someone bring out a hack to prevent a Sim getting up in the morning
> and going to stand by the machine looking hopeful despite there only being
> one other person in the house and they are getting ready for work.
> A reak clunker, that was.

August 27, 2005 10:22:00 PM

They die of hunger because only YOU can tell them to restock the fridge.

--
Melanie

Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert.

!