120mm case fan that is whisper quiet

Hi guys,

Can u recommend a 120mm case fan that is whisper quiet and great coolers as well. The best I can get my hands on : ) Need 3x.

I have Antec fans that came installed in the case and they did a job 24/7 for 3 years.

They (Antec)cannot be plugged in the motherboard as they are IDE Power Male to 2 Female connectors.

Thanx a lot.

Solution

Yep i try not to mess around when i recommend components.
My 902 is over 2yrs old now and one of my Tri-Cools is starting to make noise.
I'll be replacing all of them at some point with the TB Silence Blue Led version of that model.
Love the cleaning feature too!= i smoke
Good stuff!:)

noob2222

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
thermaltake isgc fan 12 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106133&Tpk=isgc%20fan

Have 4 of them and can hear my harddrives spin up and clicking.

sure, there are other options, but I have had these for going on 2 years and none of them have died, where other brands are reported dead witin a few months.

haven't really found anyone reporting this fan as dead, it is only a 1300 rpm, but does move plenty of air.

dervish2

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Take a look at Noctua fans. They make quality products that are very quiet. I have a few in my case as well as my CPU cooler. They have an odd color scheme that some people don't care for. I recommend checking them out as a serious contender for quiet quality.

Thanx, but I don't like the fan speed knob.

I wonder if any speed controller can override the fan speed knob, if u set it to the lowest setting, if it will still kick in to the highest speed if needed.

I like Noctua, its my favorite.

Great reviews, -- cheap and quality and silent.

http://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/zardon/enermax-tb-silence-and-apollish-vegas-fans-review/5/

Thanx

Yep i try not to mess around when i recommend components.
My 902 is over 2yrs old now and one of my Tri-Cools is starting to make noise.
I'll be replacing all of them at some point with the TB Silence Blue Led version of that model.
Love the cleaning feature too!= i smoke
Good stuff!:)

Solution

Smoke will do it = We have 2 cats, so the fuss is available! : )

Thanx