Nightlife: Less than a month!

So, are you guys excited yet? It'll be out in the US on the 13th
right? Which is like 26 days... *drool*

I for one wonder what will happen to my downloads... and if this EP
compatability thing is something we'll have to go through each time.
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
21 answers Last reply

    Not 26 days, more like 29, it comes out Sept. 15. LOL
    Wait a minute, August has 31 days..........so that's 30 days.

    > So, are you guys excited yet? It'll be out in the US on the 13th
    > right? Which is like 26 days... *drool*
    >
    > I for one wonder what will happen to my downloads... and if this EP
    > compatability thing is something we'll have to go through each time.
    > --
    >

    > I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and
    > beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

    I was wrong......it's 29 days, 2 hrs., 57 min. counting down.

    > So, are you guys excited yet? It'll be out in the US on the 13th
    > right? Which is like 26 days... *drool*
    >
    > I for one wonder what will happen to my downloads... and if this EP
    > compatability thing is something we'll have to go through each time.
    > --
    >

    > I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and
    > beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

    > So, are you guys excited yet? It'll be out in the US on the 13th
    > right? Which is like 26 days... *drool*
    >
    > I for one wonder what will happen to my downloads... and if this EP
    > compatability thing is something we'll have to go through each time.

    Well, hacks will be something you'll have to worry about, but recolors
    should be okay.

    >> I for one wonder what will happen to my downloads... and if this EP
    >> compatability thing is something we'll have to go through each time.

    >That is something I too am very concerned about. Last time took two
    >full days of fooling around to get Univ to run right, and I don't want
    >to have to go through that again. Hence I am being very careful about
    >my hacks and any downloads other than recolors. Still, I anticipate
    >problems.

    Hard to do but there's something to be said not to rush out and buy
    it on release. For various reasons I didn't get Uni for a few weeks
    after release by which time it was known what the deal was and what
    hacks caused problems. Uni installed and ran first time for me! ^_^

    I had to delete a ton of objects what turned up blue. But I looked at
    it as an opportunity to get rid of all the content I downloaded then
    never used caused.

    I'm starting to get my community lots in order for all the nice new
    objects. (Restaurants yes!! Discos YES YES!!!)

    And making Sims to replace all the ugly default ones I know Maxis are
    going to inflict on me!

    and you can own car :D

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > So, are you guys excited yet? It'll be out in the US on the 13th
    > right? Which is like 26 days... *drool*
    >
    > I for one wonder what will happen to my downloads... and if this EP
    > compatability thing is something we'll have to go through each time.

    That is something I too am very concerned about. Last time took two
    full days of fooling around to get Univ to run right, and I don't want
    to have to go through that again. Hence I am being very careful about
    my hacks and any downloads other than recolors. Still, I anticipate
    problems.

    --
    --Cuth

    On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 21:03:08 -0500, "joyplayer" <excuseme@nomail.com>
    wrote:

    >I was wrong......it's 29 days, 2 hrs., 57 min. counting down.

    But it IS coming out on the 13th in the US! :-p

    "Ships on 9/13/2005"

    Strategy guide Ships on 9/2/2005

    Cool... I'd get it if not for the fact that it costs almost as much as
    the game itself! Anyone planning on getting Prima for Nightlife that
    can post info for us!? :-)
    --

    I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

    On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 00:50:40 -0500, "Jeremy Reaban"
    <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >but recolors
    >should be okay.

    I have 39 global hacks... ack.
    --

    I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

    Take your Downloads folder OUT when you install. Then, at least, you know
    you will have a clean install. Oh, and the nude patch, if you have one,
    from Config.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    > On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 21:03:08 -0500, "joyplayer" <excuseme@nomail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I was wrong......it's 29 days, 2 hrs., 57 min. counting down.
    >
    > But it IS coming out on the 13th in the US! :-p
    >
    > "Ships on 9/13/2005"
    >
    > Strategy guide Ships on 9/2/2005
    >
    > Cool... I'd get it if not for the fact that it costs almost as much as
    > the game itself! Anyone planning on getting Prima for Nightlife that
    > can post info for us!? :-)
    > --

    It ships on the 13th, be in stores Sept. 15th. :P

    Joy

    "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>> I for one wonder what will happen to my downloads... and if this EP
    >>> compatability thing is something we'll have to go through each time.
    >
    >>That is something I too am very concerned about. Last time took two
    >>full days of fooling around to get Univ to run right, and I don't want
    >>to have to go through that again. Hence I am being very careful about
    >>my hacks and any downloads other than recolors. Still, I anticipate
    >>problems.
    >
    > Hard to do but there's something to be said not to rush out and buy
    > it on release. For various reasons I didn't get Uni for a few weeks
    > after release by which time it was known what the deal was and what
    > hacks caused problems. Uni installed and ran first time for me! ^_^
    >
    > I had to delete a ton of objects what turned up blue. But I looked at
    > it as an opportunity to get rid of all the content I downloaded then
    > never used caused.
    >
    > I'm starting to get my community lots in order for all the nice new
    > objects. (Restaurants yes!! Discos YES YES!!!)
    >
    > And making Sims to replace all the ugly default ones I know Maxis are
    > going to inflict on me!

    Well, I usually get the EP's the day they're out. Never have had any
    problems with Sims 1 or
    Sims 2..........yet!! LOL
    I usually start with a fresh install, then start adding downloads and
    hacks.

    Joy

    "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in
    message news:4302E291.1010409@earthlink.net...
    > Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    >> So, are you guys excited yet? It'll be out in the US on the 13th
    >> right? Which is like 26 days... *drool*
    >>
    >> I for one wonder what will happen to my downloads... and if this EP
    >> compatability thing is something we'll have to go through each time.
    >
    > That is something I too am very concerned about. Last time took two
    > full days of fooling around to get Univ to run right, and I don't want
    > to have to go through that again. Hence I am being very careful about
    > my hacks and any downloads other than recolors. Still, I anticipate
    > problems.
    >
    > --
    > --Cuth

    Unless Maxis changed it, we're suppose to be able to load up what we
    want in Nightlife.
    If we want just maxis stuff, we can just load it. This is suppose to
    make it easier to build houses
    without custom stuff to upload to the exchange. Hope they haven't
    changed their minds.

    On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:04:09 GMT, "Maxon"
    <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

    >Take your Downloads folder OUT when you install. Then, at least, you know
    >you will have a clean install. Oh, and the nude patch, if you have one,
    >from Config.

    I just use the startup.cheat, much simpler.
    --

    I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

    On 17 Aug 2005 03:30:31 -0700, "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk>
    wrote:

    >I'm starting to get my community lots in order for all the nice new
    >objects. (Restaurants yes!! Discos YES YES!!!)
    >
    >And making Sims to replace all the ugly default ones I know Maxis are
    >going to inflict on me!

    I pretty much delete all my downloads and start a new neighborhood
    each time a new EP comes out... both in Sims 1 and 2...
    --

    I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

    I am ridiculously excited. Everytime I wander into my local computer
    game shop, I just make a beeline for the 'Coming Soon' section so I can
    look and drool at the cover art.

    Not released here till 19 September, according to
    http://www.eaplay.com/australia/games/pc/sims/nightlife/ but I don't
    care. I will just sit here enviously for a few days while you guys
    play and find all of the bugs.

    ~*~
    vecki

    That's what I meant.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    > On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:04:09 GMT, "Maxon"
    > <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Take your Downloads folder OUT when you install. Then, at least, you
    know
    > >you will have a clean install. Oh, and the nude patch, if you have one,
    > >from Config.
    >
    > I just use the startup.cheat, much simpler.
    > --
    >

    > I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat
    him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

    ooh - I wondered if they'd be able to do that. That's good news, if true.
    They made a serious mistake with the packaging thing.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    "joyplayer" <excuseme@nomail.com> wrote in message

    > Unless Maxis changed it, we're suppose to be able to load up what we
    > want in Nightlife.
    > If we want just maxis stuff, we can just load it. This is suppose to
    > make it easier to build houses
    > without custom stuff to upload to the exchange. Hope they haven't
    > changed their minds.

    OOH, do we get video of the flamingo flailing?

    Rose/Miros

    On 17 Aug 2005 21:08:21 -0700, "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I am ridiculously excited. Everytime I wander into my local computer
    >game shop, I just make a beeline for the 'Coming Soon' section so I can
    >look and drool at the cover art.
    >
    >Not released here till 19 September, according to
    >http://www.eaplay.com/australia/games/pc/sims/nightlife/ but I don't
    >care. I will just sit here enviously for a few days while you guys
    >play and find all of the bugs.

    I'll probably get it september 15 according to stores here (buying the
    UK version probably), if you keep reading the group it will no doubt
    be spammed by my posts and pictures as I do with the release of each
    new game hehe
    --

    I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

    good idea!!!!

    me too!

Sims Games Video Games