ASUS P6T BSOD with SSD as boot due to it being classified as RAID

dmytrowp

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010

dmytrowp

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
thanks, i appreciate the help, but please, keep the attitude to yourself. i must've overlooked this while looking through the manual. gotta say, i've not seen this kind of order/setup in a while, partially because i've not had too much experience with intel raid controllers.

ok, i guess i'm not finding the option for JBOD on the raid bios ???

again, the SSD is the boot drive, and the raid is my backup for everything.
when the drives are set to raid in the main bios, i get BSOD and get nowhere.

more help please.

Given that the RAID option is enabled in the BIOS, you may need to reinstall Win7 but this time use the F6 option to install the RAID drivers. This is even though the SSD is not part of a RAID array in the typical sense, but given the SSD is connected to the controller and the controller is set to RAID in the BIOS, Win7 will need have the RAID drivers so it knows what to do with the controller.

When you enter the Main Menu in the BIOS as well as the Intel Matrix Storage Manager, you should see all three of your drives, the SSD and the 2 - 500GB Hitachi's. Within the Intel Matrix Storage Manager you would then leave the SSD listed as a NON-RAID DISK (if JBOD is not an available option) and create/identify the Hitachi's as whatever RAID Level you are using. And, of course, setting the boot order as needed.

Lastly, no harm no foul if the RTFM comment ruffled your feathers but, generally speaking, most problems people have with mobo RAID when they post here are PEBCAK and are solved with patience, common sense, and RTFM. You'd be surprised (but then again maybe not) how many people solve their own issues once they are told to RTFM and do a Google search.

Regardless of my rant, hope this helps and good luck!

dmytrowp

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
i did a fresh install of windows and all the problems have gone away.
the old windows install had my old sata and raid drivers from my old mobo, so thats what was causing the hiccup.

i'm typing this from the new working install.

thanks for the help as well, i checked the manual then started googling which then led me to find out that i unfortunately had to go the long way and re-install the OS