When i try to install vga graphics drivers it is giving me it does not meet

mallikarjun99

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
Hello,
I have a Dell Inspiron that I am trying to get up and running again. It previously was running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, but the whole hard drive was erased, so all the drivers are gone. I decided to install Windows XP Home Edition (Which went well), and i cannot get the last driver to work. It is called "Video Controller (VGA Compatible)" and it shows up under device manager as an unknown device. Dell's website says that the computer has the Intel 945GM graphics controller, so i found the driver and installed it, but i get the following error message: "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software. Setup will exit." I know that i have the right driver, according to Dell and Intel, but I cannot install it! Does anyone know how I might be doing something wrong?

Here are some of the computer specs:
Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Computer:
Genuine Intel(R) CPU
T2400 @ 1.83 GHz
1.83 GHz, 1.00GB of RAM
Physical Address Extension

If anyone knows what the problem may be please help me out, it would be greatly appreciated!

The problem could be that that model ships with different video chip sets.
You need to find out which one you have.

JimmmyTheKnife

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
I ran into the same problem with a DELL laptop and discovered, by looking at Device Manager / Display Adapters / Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, that my current Driver Version was already HIGHER than the one that the Dell Driver Download site thought NEEDED to be installed.

Jim Basler

TRENDING THREADS