Will a Gigabyte GA-M52L-S3P nForce 520LE motherboard in this case?

Killswitchc

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
I'm planning on buying the Gigabyte GA-M52L-S3P nForce 520LE motherboard but am wondering whether it will fit in my current computer case. I have a dell dimension 4700 standard case, and have been slotting bits in and out for a while but motherboards seem more likely to not fit that other components. So, will that mobo fit? Is there some kind of standard lay out for mobos and cases or myriad options like most other computer hardware out there?

Would appreciate an answer, cheers in advance.

bilbat

Splendid
A bit of hunting says it's a microATX (four-slot) sized board; the bigger concern is the PSU pin-out - some Dell's have ones that look like an ATX 20 or 24, but pin-out differently! Checked your documentation, and you're in luck - it's a standard 24 pin...

Is there some kind of standard lay out for mobos and cases or myriad options like most other computer hardware out there?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_form_factor

Killswitchc

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
OK, so microATX board. And no worries on the PSU front, replaced that a while back. Ah damn, looks like my planned board won't fit... Although if I can find a cheap case my proposed build is back on the cards! Cheers.