Alien Abduction - Does the Neighborhood Matter

I want my Sims to be abducted!

i *always* play Pleasantview....and I never get an abduction. Never. Ever.
Does it matter if I switched over to - what is it - Strangetown(?) instead,
in order to have a greater chance of an abduction?

Also, is it true that the telescope needs to be on a high floor for an
abduction? I have put my telescope as high as the third floor, and still
never had an abduction.

Help - I really want one of my Pleasantview Sims to be abducted!

Julie
15 answers Last reply
More about alien abduction neighborhood matter

    "marcesent" <jkbarton@austin.rr.com> wrote in

    > I want my Sims to be abducted!
    >
    > i *always* play Pleasantview....and I never get an abduction.
    > Never. Ever. Does it matter if I switched over to - what is it -
    > Strangetown(?) instead, in order to have a greater chance of an
    > abduction?
    >
    > Also, is it true that the telescope needs to be on a high floor
    > for an abduction? I have put my telescope as high as the third
    > floor, and still never had an abduction.
    >
    > Help - I really want one of my Pleasantview Sims to be abducted!

    I've had two abductions. Both in custom neighborhoods and both when
    the telescope was outside on the lawn.

    --
    Mike
    If the pen is mightier than the sword, and a picture is worth a

    marcesent wrote:
    > I want my Sims to be abducted!
    >
    > i *always* play Pleasantview....and I never get an abduction. Never. Ever.
    > Does it matter if I switched over to - what is it - Strangetown(?) instead,
    > in order to have a greater chance of an abduction?

    No. Neighborhood should not affect abduction rates.

    > Also, is it true that the telescope needs to be on a high floor for an
    > abduction? I have put my telescope as high as the third floor, and still
    > never had an abduction.

    Height/floor does not affect abduction. I have had sims abducted from
    lawns, first floor, second floor and third floor.

    You must use the *expensive* telescope. To return preggers, you must use
    a male adult sim more than 3 days from becoming an elder. (Unless you
    have teenage pregnancy hacks or use a hack that lets women become alien
    pregnant, and there's a hack that lets a young adult male get preggers
    too, but he doesn't show until after returning to his home town).

    There is a slight chance of abduction that increases with every passing
    hour- like 2% going to 4% then 6%, etc. There is a hack out there
    (twojeffs if I remember) that increases these odds slightly- up to 5%
    initially, +3% every hour after. The longer you stargaze, the better the
    odds. If you have a hack that takes care of the needs of the sim (or
    boolprop), you can gaze longer. I have found sims are usually abducted
    before the end of the third night if I don't let them stop stargazing.
    They may not be abducted during the day, but they will continue to
    stargaze if not ordered to stop during daylight. And if you do not take
    care of their needs, they can drop dead from stargazing.

    There are certain hours only that the ship comes: I think it's between 8
    pm and 4 am.

    Hope this helps,
    -georg
    self-proclaimed queen of alien abductions.

    Aha. Maybe I have too many cheap telescopes. *Goes to check* Thanks
    everyone!

    Julie

    "Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
    > You must use the *expensive* telescope. To return preggers, you must use a
    > male adult sim more than 3 days from becoming an elder. (Unless you have
    > teenage pregnancy hacks or use a hack that lets women become alien
    > pregnant, and there's a hack that lets a young adult male get preggers
    > too, but he doesn't show until after returning to his home town).
    >
    > There is a slight chance of abduction that increases with every passing
    > hour- like 2% going to 4% then 6%, etc. There is a hack out there
    > (twojeffs if I remember) that increases these odds slightly- up to 5%
    > initially, +3% every hour after. The longer you stargaze, the better the
    > odds. If you have a hack that takes care of the needs of the sim (or
    > boolprop), you can gaze longer. I have found sims are usually abducted
    > before the end of the third night if I don't let them stop stargazing.
    > They may not be abducted during the day, but they will continue to
    > stargaze if not ordered to stop during daylight. And if you do not take
    > care of their needs, they can drop dead from stargazing.
    >
    > There are certain hours only that the ship comes: I think it's between 8
    > pm and 4 am.
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    > -georg
    > self-proclaimed queen of alien abductions.

    I've had two non-Strangetown abductions (the only Strangetown ones I've
    seen are the Curious boys, but they're rigged). One abduction was in
    Pleasantview (Darren Dreamer living in the Goth house) and the other
    was in my custom legacy neighbourhood.

    ~*~
    vecki

    "Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
    > marcesent wrote:
    >> I want my Sims to be abducted!

    > Hope this helps,
    > -georg
    > self-proclaimed queen of alien abductions.

    And here's me moving Pascal over to a new neighbourhood quick as winking so
    he won't have an alien baby.
    What a spoil-sport.

    Veronica L wrote:
    > "Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>marcesent wrote:
    >>
    >>>I want my Sims to be abducted!
    >

    >>Hope this helps,
    >>-georg
    >>self-proclaimed queen of alien abductions.
    >

    > And here's me moving Pascal over to a new neighbourhood quick as winking so
    > he won't have an alien baby.
    > What a spoil-sport.

    This is a fantastic game. You play your way, and I can play mine, and
    Gosh, either of us is Wrong or in danger of losing the game. :)

    Any other game and it wouldn't work out so nicely.

    -georg

    marcesent wrote:
    > I want my Sims to be abducted!
    >
    > i *always* play Pleasantview....and I never get an abduction. Never.
    > Ever. Does it matter if I switched over to - what is it -
    > Strangetown(?) instead, in order to have a greater chance of an
    > abduction?
    >
    > Also, is it true that the telescope needs to be on a high floor for an
    > abduction? I have put my telescope as high as the third floor, and
    > still never had an abduction.
    >
    > Help - I really want one of my Pleasantview Sims to be abducted!
    >
    > Julie

    If all else fails, you can always use the boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true
    cheat. Once it's entered, make the sim you want abducted the active sim,
    then shift-click on the expensive telescope and choose "DEBUG -- Get
    Abducted". It happens immediately. Be sure to go back into the cheat box
    and disable the cheat by typing boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false.

    Jeanie

    Jeanie wrote:
    > marcesent wrote:
    >
    >>I want my Sims to be abducted!
    >>
    >>i *always* play Pleasantview....and I never get an abduction. Never.
    >>Ever. Does it matter if I switched over to - what is it -
    >>Strangetown(?) instead, in order to have a greater chance of an
    >>abduction?
    >>
    >>Also, is it true that the telescope needs to be on a high floor for an
    >>abduction? I have put my telescope as high as the third floor, and
    >>still never had an abduction.
    >>
    >>Help - I really want one of my Pleasantview Sims to be abducted!
    >>
    >>Julie
    >

    > If all else fails, you can always use the boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true
    > cheat. Once it's entered, make the sim you want abducted the active sim,
    > then shift-click on the expensive telescope and choose "DEBUG -- Get
    > Abducted". It happens immediately. Be sure to go back into the cheat box
    > and disable the cheat by typing boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false.
    >
    > Jeanie

    You can also use the tombstone of Life and Death and chose "Make me
    alien pregnant" but that takes all the cinematics out of it.

    -georg

    marcesent wrote:

    > I want my Sims to be abducted!

    Make sure all your sims are taken care of (in bed, preferably). Make
    sure that the to be abducted sim has all its needs in the green. At
    nine p.m. the stargazing should start. Save. Fast forward until two
    a.m. If no abduction, exit to neighbourhood without saving. Enter
    house. Repeat until abducted.

    T.

    "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    > marcesent wrote:
    >
    >> I want my Sims to be abducted!
    >
    > Make sure all your sims are taken care of (in bed, preferably). Make sure
    > that the to be abducted sim has all its needs in the green. At nine p.m.
    > the stargazing should start. Save. Fast forward until two a.m. If no
    > abduction, exit to neighbourhood without saving. Enter house. Repeat until
    > abducted.
    >
    > T.

    If all else fails you can always go to ModTheSims2 and dowload the hacked
    telescope, my sims get abducted everytime using this.

    AmandaThePanda

    Excellent, I may try this. Thank you!

    To other's and their ideas, thank you as well, just I prefer to not use
    hacks and cheats in my game - I'm a fairly "pure" player. I only allow
    myself to use "motherlode" of course, and I'll move_objects on if something
    gets stuck and needs to be fixed. Otherwise I like to be old
    fashioned.....hee hee! Call me nutty if you want.

    Thanks again all,
    Julie

    "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    > marcesent wrote:
    >
    >> I want my Sims to be abducted!
    >
    > Make sure all your sims are taken care of (in bed, preferably). Make sure
    > that the to be abducted sim has all its needs in the green. At nine p.m.
    > the stargazing should start. Save. Fast forward until two a.m. If no
    > abduction, exit to neighbourhood without saving. Enter house. Repeat until
    > abducted.
    >
    > T.

    I agree. I try to refrain from using cheats. Except when something gets
    stuck, then I may use motherlode as a strike back at the game for breaking
    down. And the only hacks I have are to correct bugs that otherwise make
    playing impossible. So I have not had the pleasure of having any of my Sims
    abducted. But I have a Sim who is very actively trying at this moment!

    BD

    > Veronica L wrote:

    >>>-georg
    >>>self-proclaimed queen of alien abductions.
    >>

    >> And here's me moving Pascal over to a new neighbourhood quick as winking
    >> so he won't have an alien baby.
    >> What a spoil-sport.

    > This is a fantastic game. You play your way, and I can play mine, and
    > Gosh, either of us is Wrong or in danger of losing the game. :)

    I suspect that I am suffering from total lack of abduction syndrome during
    early games when my poor Sims spent hours looking though telescopes. My
    non-Curious Sims never got abducted, ever. 8(

    So now I don't like aliens - too picky, they are.
    Not in my back yard. Out, Jolly Green Giants. Out!

    On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 20:16:27 GMT Amanda the Panda wrote:

    > If all else fails you can always go to ModTheSims2 and dowload the hacked
    > telescope, my sims get abducted everytime using this.

    Or you can just force an abduction using the BoolProp cheat ;)

    Dorte

    I have never used motherlode.

    Best wishes
    maxon
    Looking virtuous and polishing halo

    "bd85tx" <bd85tx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I agree. I try to refrain from using cheats. Except when something gets
    > stuck, then I may use motherlode as a strike back at the game for breaking
    > down. And the only hacks I have are to correct bugs that otherwise make
    > playing impossible. So I have not had the pleasure of having any of my
    Sims
    > abducted. But I have a Sim who is very actively trying at this moment!
    >
    > BD

Sims Games Video Games