System configuration

August 2, 2004 11:07:25 PM

We used the System Configuration Utility to make changes
to the way Windows starts.

The System Configuration Utility is currently in
Diagnostic or Selective Startup mode causing a message to
be displayed and the utility to run every time.

How do I chose the Normal Startup mode on the General tab
to start Windows normally and undo the changes we made
using the System Configuration Utility?

More about : system configuration

Anonymous
August 2, 2004 11:25:23 PM

Kenny, you just about answer your question. Return to System
Configuration and click on Normal Startup
under Startup Selection and click Apply, Ok.
"Kenny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We used the System Configuration Utility to make changes
> to the way Windows starts.
>
> The System Configuration Utility is currently in
> Diagnostic or Selective Startup mode causing a message to
> be displayed and the utility to run every time.
>
> How do I chose the Normal Startup mode on the General tab
> to start Windows normally and undo the changes we made
> using the System Configuration Utility?
Anonymous
August 3, 2004 3:05:53 AM

Kenny wrote:
> We used the System Configuration Utility to make changes
> to the way Windows starts.
>
> The System Configuration Utility is currently in
> Diagnostic or Selective Startup mode causing a message to
> be displayed and the utility to run every time.
>
> How do I chose the Normal Startup mode on the General tab
> to start Windows normally and undo the changes we made
> using the System Configuration Utility?

Two answers are appropriate:
A. If you like the changes you previously made, check mark/uncheck mark the
box in the Nag window to stop the SCU from appearing.
B. On the other hand, if you really want to undo the changes just reopen the
SCU and make the appropriate changes.
--
Gene K
!