Sign in with
Your question

NTLRD is missing. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

Tags:
  • Components
Last response: in Components
November 26, 2009 9:33:59 PM

I shut down my Laptop (Fujitsu Esprimo) and take it home. Don't use it until this morning when i put it on it gives me an error message

NTLDR is missing. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.

I restart and nothing happens to so put in a Windows XP CD and try that but nothing happens there. I notice that the normal instructions the come as boot up such as the Press F2 to enter setup does not appear.

I have all my documents on this laptop and I can't afford to lose this. PLease Please please help.

More about : ntlrd missing press ctrl alt del restart

November 26, 2009 9:56:58 PM

Have you tried any of these?
m
l
November 26, 2009 9:59:41 PM

You can also check this.
m
l
Related resources
November 26, 2009 9:59:51 PM

Some boot file got corrupted. Make sure the PC boots from the XP disk (press F2, or F8, or some other F key (read your manual)), and choose install (yes, install), then press F8 to accept the terms, and then select your XP installation and press R to repair install XP and not lose any data.
m
l
November 26, 2009 10:50:45 PM

I recommend saving everything on a external source then reinstalling fully
m
l
November 26, 2009 11:07:25 PM

Indeed, Backup then reinstall.
No other option really.
m
l
November 26, 2009 11:55:41 PM

If the problem is by the corruption of only some files, there are ways to restore only these files and not having to repair or reinstall Windows ... follow the links I provided. If worst come to worst, you can also try to use a Linux LiveCD to boot and then try to recover your files before reinstallation.
m
l
November 27, 2009 12:08:48 AM

Google "missing ntldr". You will get a lot of hits. It's a very common problem.
m
l
!