Raven RV02-E

Jay_83

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
I'm water cooling the CPU and 2 GPUs in a Fortress FT02, which is basically the same case with a different look. Mobo rotated by 90 deg. and all that. Can be done, and it's working well for me, but I do NOT recommend it. The interior gets very cramped, and you need to remove the HDD cage to fit in a decent-sized rad in place of the stock fans. Take a look at the pic. It's a bit outdated, the insides are a bit less messy now, but you see that things get a little complicated.

po1.jpg

I really like the look of the case, so I decided to keep it for water cooling, but it's much easier to do in something larger, with a traditional layout. Also, depends on what you want to cool. In this case, the less the better :) If it's only the CPU, then of course it'll be easy.

Jay_83

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
@djsnipy: No modification necessary if you want to cool only the CPU. A single 120mm radiator can do it easily (used to cool mine with a Corsair H70) and you can mount it up top, like in the pic above. Just make sure you get a rad that fits.

@tinmann: Yes, the HDD bays are all gone, the SSD is mounted at the back of the mobo tray. Like I said, a larger case is much easier to work with if you want to cool more than the CPU.

badtaylorx

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
i run that case and also would not recomend watercooling it.....however....as far as air cooled cases go you will find none better......get a great heat sink like a noctua or a good zalman and you can almost keep up with watercooled rigs......