Need Help finding family

Hi all,
Sorry if this has been asked before but, is there a good site where I can
download complete families without a house?
Thanks in advance
Mazz

Mazz wrote:
> Hi all,
> Sorry if this has been asked before but, is there a good site where I can
> download complete families without a house?
> Thanks in advance
> Mazz

I don't know of any. You can download complete sims and then use the
create a sim function to make them into families.

Jeanie

"Mazz" <lynettemozziotti@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> Sorry if this has been asked before but, is there a good site where I can
> download complete families without a house?
> Thanks in advance
> Mazz

Can I ask? Why do you want to download a ready-made family?

Are you looking for certain characteristics? Mummy, daddy and apple-pie
normal, for instance?
Raving loony tribe?.
Or just your normal, every-day family of psychopaths?

You can have my Simsons. I am fed up with them. 8(

"Veronica L" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Mazz" <lynettemozziotti@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> > Sorry if this has been asked before but, is there a good site where I
can
> > download complete families without a house?
> > Thanks in advance
> > Mazz
> >
> Can I ask? Why do you want to download a ready-made family?
>
> Are you looking for certain characteristics? Mummy, daddy and apple-pie
> normal, for instance?
> Raving loony tribe?.
> Or just your normal, every-day family of psychopaths?
>
> You can have my Simsons. I am fed up with them. 8(

Actually I like making families, but my cousin is being
a lazy ah heck (IMHO)heh.. and wanted to d/l families
like the original site used to have. But you just gave me
a great idea, she can have some of my wackos!!!
Thanks for the help!
Mazz

I don't think you can do that in Sims 2.

Best wishes
maxon

Maxon wrote:
> I don't think you can do that in Sims 2.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon

Well, if you create a family, establish personalities,
aspirations and relationships, then move them onto a small empty
lot, I don't know why you couldn't just package the lot with the
family on it and upload them that way. But they won't have
relationships with others in the neighborhood, so they won't be
like playing one of the Maxis neighborhoods or anything like
that. Sounds pretty lazy to me. LOL

Jeanie

Yes, what I meant was I don't think you can just DL a family of sims, I
think they have to be on a lot. You can do individual sims, of course.

Best wishes
maxon

"Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Well, if you create a family, establish personalities,
> aspirations and relationships, then move them onto a small empty
> lot, I don't know why you couldn't just package the lot with the
> family on it and upload them that way. But they won't have
> relationships with others in the neighborhood, so they won't be
> like playing one of the Maxis neighborhoods or anything like
> that. Sounds pretty lazy to me. LOL
>
> Jeanie

"Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Maxon wrote:
>> I don't think you can do that in Sims 2.
>>
>> Best wishes
>> maxon
>>
> Well, if you create a family, establish personalities, aspirations and
> relationships, then move them onto a small empty lot, I don't know why you
> couldn't just package the lot with the family on it and upload them that
> way. But they won't have relationships with others in the neighborhood,
> so they won't be like playing one of the Maxis neighborhoods or anything
> like that. Sounds pretty lazy to me. LOL

Oh, I don;t know. It has possibilities if one was in a group. I mean, a
group of people could load up the same families.. I think we have discussed
this before, haven't we?

Then you could download a family as a surprise? I think we all tune our Sims
to a certain extent, you have to to get out of the sim-maker, for a start.
So we are controlling how a household would react. But to download a whole
family from scratch would be more like real life. You never know who is
moving in to the empty house down the road. Could be anyone...
Prince Charming and Cinderella or a house filled with crazy bikers. What
about four fun-loving practical jokers with a nasty streak? Whatever, they
couldn;t be worse than Maxis family of Grunts. 8(((
<I hate that family I always want to kick that young kid.>

> Oh, I don;t know. It has possibilities if one was in a group. I mean, a
> group of people could load up the same families.. I think we have discussed
> this before, haven't we?
>
> Then you could download a family as a surprise? I think we all tune our Sims
> to a certain extent, you have to to get out of the sim-maker, for a start.
> So we are controlling how a household would react. But to download a whole
> family from scratch would be more like real life. You never know who is
> moving in to the empty house down the road. Could be anyone...
> Prince Charming and Cinderella or a house filled with crazy bikers. What
> about four fun-loving practical jokers with a nasty streak? Whatever, they
> couldn;t be worse than Maxis family of Grunts. 8(((
> <I hate that family I always want to kick that young kid.>

I feel sorry for Ripp. And that poor little boy only wants
approval, you know that. The most fun I ever had with them was
turning their barracks home into a fluffy pink Victorian when the
General married what's her name....

I always find it fascinating to read what is happening to the
Maxis families in other people's games. I myself have started
Pleasantville and Strangetown over several times, just to see
what happens this time. Odd that I've never played Veronaville.
Have you?

Jeanie

> I always find it fascinating to read what is happening to the Maxis
> families in other people's games. I myself have started Pleasantville and
> Strangetown over several times, just to see what happens this time. Odd
> that I've never played Veronaville. Have you?

Oh yes! <wide eyes>
It lasted for about ten minutes beofre I decided I hated the people and the
houses in about equal proportion.
I nuked the place.

The neighbourhood map is handy though. It's a real little slum area with
narrow plots on one side of the canal and wide spaces on the other.
I have run that map a couple of times.

Bah, I have cut too much. I tried to work on that Ripp a couple of times but
could not get to like him. It was the wide-eyed look of 'who, me?' that
drove me crackers - and drove him into having the most /terrible/ problems
at puberty - poor lad.
last seen hanging out round the back of the shopping mall with girls of
'that type'.

See Granny - what did I tell you. Hah.

"Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I always find it fascinating to read what is happening to the
> Maxis families in other people's games. I myself have started
> Pleasantville and Strangetown over several times, just to see
> what happens this time. Odd that I've never played Veronaville.
> Have you?

Me - Nooooo. I've never played any of the Maxis neighbourhoods except
Strangetown at the beginning. I tend to go for vast dynastic soaps. I
think I must be a bit odd that way.

Best wishes
maxon

Maxon wrote:
> See Granny - what did I tell you. Hah.
>
> "Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>I always find it fascinating to read what is happening to the
>>Maxis families in other people's games. I myself have started
>>Pleasantville and Strangetown over several times, just to see
>>what happens this time. Odd that I've never played Veronaville.
>> Have you?
>

> Me - Nooooo. I've never played any of the Maxis neighbourhoods except
> Strangetown at the beginning. I tend to go for vast dynastic soaps. I
> think I must be a bit odd that way.

I haven't done any of the Maxis neighborhoods. I just went straight to
my own town.

It is a joy that there is no wrong way to play the game!

-georg

"Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> Maxon wrote:
Odd that I've never played Veronaville.
>>> Have you?
>>

>> Me - Nooooo. I've never played any of the Maxis neighbourhoods except
>> Strangetown at the beginning. I tend to go for vast dynastic soaps. I
>> think I must be a bit odd that way.
>>

> I haven't done any of the Maxis neighborhoods. I just went straight to my
> own town.
>
> It is a joy that there is no wrong way to play the game!

You keep saying that. Has someone said you were playing at all wrong?
It wasn;t me, was it? 8(

V.

Veronica L wrote:
> "Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
>
>>Maxon wrote:
>
> Odd that I've never played Veronaville.

>>>Me - Nooooo. I've never played any of the Maxis neighbourhoods except
>>>Strangetown at the beginning. I tend to go for vast dynastic soaps. I
>>>think I must be a bit odd that way.
>>>

>>I haven't done any of the Maxis neighborhoods. I just went straight to my
>>own town.
>>
>>It is a joy that there is no wrong way to play the game!
>>

> You keep saying that. Has someone said you were playing at all wrong?
> It wasn;t me, was it? 8(

No, that idiot lawyer is fond of it.

>>>It is a joy that there is no wrong way to play the game!
>>>

>> You keep saying that. Has someone said you were playing at all wrong?
>> It wasn;t me, was it? 8(
>
> No, that idiot lawyer is fond of it.

Lawyer..... I say, from an American perspective, what's the most persistent,
annoying sort of person you can meet?

V - yes I am picking your brain.

Who is the most annoying type of person over here then? According to you,
it's Guardian readers, no?

Smirk
maxon

> Who is the most annoying type of person over here then? According to you,
> it's Guardian readers, no?
>
> Smirk

Ho! Bash-a-granny day, is it?

Oh, the condescending smuggery of the 'I know what's best for you' attitude
is pretty annoying but I don;t find it scary - well, not yet, anyway. I dare
say there are rabid Gruniads out in the wild who could send me running away
shivering in fear, but....

No, I used door-to-door-political canvassers but am not happy with it.
Football hooligan? Which would mean a different sort of football in the US.
Soccer hooligan?
Mancy fan? Wouldn't mean a thing. Skin-head, is out of date.

No. I want something that is easilly recognisable as a fright inducer.. I am
starting to wish I had never mentioned this.

Veronica L wrote:

> No. I want something that is easilly recognisable as a fright
> inducer.. I am starting to wish I had never mentioned this.

Telemarketeers.

T.

"Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> Veronica L wrote:
>
>> No. I want something that is easilly recognisable as a fright
>> inducer.. I am starting to wish I had never mentioned this.
>
> Telemarketeers.

Meet face to face? That's why I wondered about doostep salesment first
but... not scary enough.
I need something you would expect to be violent if pushed.

Like a human doberman, sort of.
Fun this, innit? 8(

Veronica L wrote:
> "Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

>>>You keep saying that. Has someone said you were playing at all wrong?
>>>It wasn;t me, was it? 8(
>>
>>No, that idiot lawyer is fond of it.
>>

> Lawyer..... I say, from an American perspective, what's the most persistent,
> annoying sort of person you can meet?
>
> V - yes I am picking your brain.

My little brother, perhaps? Monkey-boy, the president? Some days, when I
am grumpy, my sweetie? The noisy bint next door?

No, it would have to be the know-it-all who has no social graces. Who
insists that whatever you are doing, you are doing it wrong, tells you
what to do to properly do it, and then proceeds to tell you long boring
stories that you do not care at all to hear, usually concerning people
who have done it wrong and the horrible things that happen to them as a
result.

Lawyers and insurance salesmen and telemarketers are all sleazy
annoyances on principle.

-georg

Sounds like a religious fanatic......

BD

> Have you seen this?
>
> http://www.jhuger.com/kisshank.php
>
> An enjoyable waste of half and hour.

Argh! The Watchmaker! The Watchmaker!
Do you know the Ship Of Fools?
http://www.shipoffools.com/Gadgets/index.html

Amost enjoyable site.
I've linked to the best 'Oh no!' page - I think.

I think I might use 'wheel-clamper' as my animal.

Oh great - I loved the underwear where you have to take your jeans off so
your boyfriend/girlfriend can see the message that you are saving yourself
for marriage. And then the 10 plagues finger puppets....
hahahahahahahahaha
And that's only the first two things I read. If you want me, I'll be over
here reading.

Best
maxon

> Oh great - I loved the underwear where you have to take your jeans off so
> your boyfriend/girlfriend can see the message that you are saving yourself
> for marriage. And then the 10 plagues finger puppets....
> hahahahahahahahaha
> And that's only the first two things I read. If you want me, I'll be over
> here reading.

caption comp is also very good, usually.
And I enjoy reading Mystery Worshippers though it gave a local church here a
bit of a beating.

Oh this is good - a 12" Jesus action doll:

http://www.shipoffools.com/Gadgets/Toys/142.html

Would someone in the US like to go after the manufacturers because it seems
you can remove Jesus's robes and it appears he has a Ken-like body
underneath. And we all know what that implies. Or better yet, perhaps
someone could send one to Jack Thompson. He'll know what to do.

Best wishes
maxon