How do I capture a photo from a screen that also has text?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomflkeys

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
There is a county website that has property information, a plat map and photo on the same screen I want to capture the plat map and photo but not the rest of the screen. I need to save this photo as a photo so that later I can attach it to a email. The county screen does have a print option.

Solution
If the plat map and photo are simple images (not Flash), then all you need to do is use your mouse to:

1. Right click the image.
2. From the list of options choose "Save image as..." to save to your hard drive.

That cannot be done with Flash animate images or a simple static Flash image. For example, many web advertisements are based on Flash and if you right click it the last option will be "About Adobe Flash Player...".

To capture a Flash image requires additional steps. First you need a simple image editor so that you can edit images. I recommend IrfanView which is a free program.

1. On the page with the Flash image, press the "Prt Scrn" key.
2. Launch IrfanView then go to Edit, then Paste.
3. Press and hold the left mouse...
If the plat map and photo are simple images (not Flash), then all you need to do is use your mouse to:

1. Right click the image.
2. From the list of options choose "Save image as..." to save to your hard drive.

That cannot be done with Flash animate images or a simple static Flash image. For example, many web advertisements are based on Flash and if you right click it the last option will be "About Adobe Flash Player...".

To capture a Flash image requires additional steps. First you need a simple image editor so that you can edit images. I recommend IrfanView which is a free program.

1. On the page with the Flash image, press the "Prt Scrn" key.
2. Launch IrfanView then go to Edit, then Paste.
3. Press and hold the left mouse button to create a rectangular outline around the image. When the image has been outlined release the mouse button.
4. If unsatisfied repeat step #3.
5. With the outline still visible, go to Edit, then "Crop Selection".
6. Save the cropped image on your hard drive.

IrfanView:
http://www.irfanview.com/

Solution

tomflkeys

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
First, Thank you for taking your time to help me. You were correct in thinking it might be a flash image. I downloaded IrfanView. I went to the conty website with the photo and text. I hit the PrSc key on my keyboard and nothing happened. I tried it with the shift key and without the shift key. What am I doing wrong? Thanks again for your time.

camaro77

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
After clicking the prt scrn button, click the start button at the bottom of computer, click run, type mspaint. When that opens, go to Edit at the top of program and click paste. Take the selection tool and go around what you want to copy and go to Edit again and copy. Go to your IrfanView program and paste it in. Then go to file and save as jpg file. Save it on desktop or whereever you want to save it. Hope this helps.

tomflkeys

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012

This sounds like what I need. I downloaded Screen Hunter (it took abolut 25 min because I have dialup). Then it ask if I wanted a trial of Register cleanup so I downloaded that also. When it was all done all, I could find the cleanup. but not the ScreenHunter. How can I find where the Screenhunter? Thank you for your help.

sonexpc

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
If is not there you can try again...... but remember when you download software make sure you just donwload what you want .... nowaday,, all these software allways is bundle other software .... I mostly will click "no" in download trial Register Cleanup".

tomflkeys

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012

Thank you for your reply. Your instructions were easy to follow, but the search did not find the program,

tomflkeys

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012

I tried the download again. I clicked on downlolad. Then the run/save screen came up. I clicked on run. Instead of taking 20 min, this time; it
went right to the Register Cleanup screen. It was like it knew it was there instead of downloading it again. I'm probably doling somethning wrong that is very simple, but I can not figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.