Sign in with
Your question

ACER PC-PROBLEM!!!

Last response: in CPUs
November 27, 2009 8:29:04 AM

had my PC for only MONTH'S recently it Hangs up does NOT respond, Even though it has no virus. AVG tested. and! the CPU makes a neverending sound ("beeeeep"). it happens on normal state, but not on safe mode. right now i am on safe mode with networking. ... help...

More about : acer problem

a b à CPUs
November 27, 2009 9:36:04 AM

What sort of beep? Is it one long beep? A series of beeps? Is it just when you turn on the computer? The beeps tell the user if there are any serious issues with the hardware.
m
l
November 27, 2009 11:19:14 AM

Well, since safe mode sounds ok you might want to consider reloading your OS clean. If that's not a viable option, well you get to dig a little deeper. If your system has an actual GPU, it could be your power supply is going south... in safe mode your video driver wouldn't load and your power consumption would be lower than had your video drivers had a chance to load. That's a big of a long-shot, but it one possible explanation for your problem.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
November 27, 2009 11:55:59 AM

Also please poste the Acer Model number so we can have better information on the hardware in the computer.
m
l
December 14, 2009 2:09:41 AM

Its an Acer AspireX1200. The "beep" is a neverending one. Doesn't repeat. It's just steady.
m
l
December 14, 2009 2:11:07 AM

C00lIT said:
Also please poste the Acer Model number so we can have better information on the hardware in the computer.

Acer AspireX1200
m
l
December 14, 2009 2:13:25 AM

buwish said:
What sort of beep? Is it one long beep? A series of beeps? Is it just when you turn on the computer? The beeps tell the user if there are any serious issues with the hardware.

It is a Very. Long. Beep. it never ends. The computer doesn't respond and hangs mostly when i have internet connection.
m
l
!