870a g54 raid

Hi I had a computer that I built 5 years ago just crash on me and it was a raid 0 configuration. I still need some pictures off of those hdds. I am building a new computer now and was wondering how I could get that info off of those hdds before I reformat.
6 answers Last reply
More about 870a raid
  1. As you are aware, if one disk fails in RAID 0, all data is lost!

You can try 'Recuva' to recover your pictures.
  2. ok guess im just screwed...so anyone know how to set up the raid 1+0 on this motherboard?
  3. cleex024 said:
    ok guess im just screwed...so anyone know how to set up the raid 1+0 on this motherboard?

If the motherboard has RAID 1+0 (different from RAID 0+1) then the manual will explain this step by step.

Backup your entire computer before you attempt this.
  4. yeah that would be nice but the only probably is that it does not show the steps in the manual...however it does support raid.
  5. Here is the manual for my motherboard: http://www.evga.com/support/manuals/files/141-BL-E759.pdf

Page 56 describes RAID and the SATA ports to be used. This is what I used to setup RAID 1. Your motherboard RAID setup will be similar.
  6. well maybe i need to just update my bios...cause i definitely dont see all that...it only gives me an option of ide, raid, or ahci. really sucks for me that i cannot choose...it wasnt this hard when i had an asus board.
Ask a new question

Read More

NAS / RAID Computer Configuration Storage