5850/5870, three screens

Both work, but both will only give you 1920x1200/1080 resolution unless you use an active converter to give you higher resolution from the faster connections (it's a double speed single link HDMI not a dual link HDMI to make it more compatible with older spec).

Wallabrushan

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009

you will need at least one monitor which supports DisplayPort. Unfortunately, at this time DP-supporting monitors tend to carry a price premium over standard screens which will increase the overall cost of an Eyefinity setup. Luckily the other two monitors can either use DVI or a combination of DVI and HDMI for connectivity.

DVI-DVI-HDMI does not seem to work, but using an adapter for DisplayPort > HDMI should work right?

Maybe for the current games, it might not be a problem, but for sure it will in future games...
If you have some knowledge of overclocking, then try an overclock it to 3.4-3.6GHz(Could reach even higher with good cooling)...It would give better results...
Do add an aftermarket cooler...

Wallabrushan

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
Yeah, I tried overclocking but seems my memory doesn't want to keep up or I put the vcore too low, if I went higher than 3.4 GHz it went black when I started the computer. Annoying part is that the clear CMOS is right below my graphics card so have to take it off everytime, hehe.

Also need some better cooling, got my boxed cooling still because I haven't needed anything better, at 100% load it's still at max 60°c.

Wallabrushan

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
I just tried a 3.6 GHz clock and the default cooling does not work with the vcore I need to get that clock, 1.456. Went up to almost 70°c after a while with HyperPI. Will probably buy better cooling when I buy the 5850, thanks for the help.