HELP! Valid XP install fails to boot on laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
May 19, 2004 7:23:19 AM

I created a valid XP install on my desktop. It boots on my desktop fine, but
when I transfer it to the notebook it does not work. The "white" line at
startup gets all the way across the screen and then the machine locks up.

The notebook is a Toshiba Portege. Its a Tablet notebook, but i only have
the regular XP professional edition. Is this causing the problem?
May 20, 2004 10:53:17 AM

What do you mean "Transfer it to the notebook". You can not "Transfer" a O/S
to another computer unless the two computers are exactly the same.

Rob