Need Urgent Help

mgroman

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
So I recently bought a new Asus motherboard, a i5 2500K processor and corsair H80 radiator, fans and heat sink assembly. I am running an HD 5970 graphics card and a 80w corsair power supply. So after reconnecting, installing windows and downloading BF3 everything was working fine. I decided to use the ASUS built in overclock (turbo boosting) to up the processor. It frequently shut down restarted until I lost connection to the monitor. After aggravating hours disassembling and resembling I got help from someone who recommended to take out the memory and leave one. Started up, reset bios to default and commenced. Once in Windows and everything loaded back up attempting to open Catalyst and received an error. Did a system image restore and it works. But it is INCREDIBLY slow. (I have to admit while working inside I might have damaged something, either the graphics card or the mobo or both at this point) Still have yeto to do a clean install but it seems like its barely working and I'm wondering if I damaged anything.

mgroman

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011

mgroman

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
Getting off topic due to my retardation. Okay, I tried before re-installign windows to repair it. That didnt fix the issue. I have a copy installed on the solid state and it loads fine, no problems (besides graphics card issues) and the LAN works. But on the main one, the one Im trying to get working is ridic. I cant load any of the drivers from the CD but it runs other CD's fine which is stupid and makes no sense. Also, I think my GPU is damaged. Im running the 5970 which isnt cheap and am worried its broken. The mobo is a Asus P8Z68-V Pro and everything worked fine till I started the turbo boost thing. I fragmented the solid state so that is clean and free. I ran the re-install of windows and fragmented the harddrive so no files. I guess we'll see what happens. What else would you guys like me to post?

mgroman

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
With the graphics card I keep getting a error in Catalyst Control Center. "Host Application has stopped working" and never starts back up. Deleted everything and tried ut given my LAN connection isnt working. Hopefully this gets fixed with a clean windows install