Sign in with
Your question

How to go back from Windows 8 to 7

Last response: in Windows 8
December 29, 2012 11:16:45 AM

I recently bought an Asus A55V-V2G Notebook, which comes installed with Win7/8, on installation start-up, it asked whether I wanted to install Windows 7 or Windows 8.

I picked the latter, but I much prefer Windows 7 and would like to install that instead, does anyone know a (preferably step-by-step) method on how to achieve this. I would appreciate baby-steps as I have no clue how to use Windows 8 properly.

Thanks a lot for your time, please help me out here

More about : back windows

a b $ Windows 7
a b * Windows 8
December 29, 2012 11:30:26 AM

I would assume a factory restore would give you the choice again. If you have the product key for 7 you can just install it directly
m
l
December 29, 2012 11:41:46 AM

Why not just keep Windows 8, it's not that bad really.

There are programs available to re-enable the start button too.
m
l
Related resources
December 29, 2012 11:53:52 AM

unksol said:
I would assume a factory restore would give you the choice again. If you have the product key for 7 you can just install it directly

Ok, I will try that, any ideas how to factory restore on Windows 8? Otherwise Ill check tonight on Google myself anyway. I already tried "resetting" and "reinstaling Windows" but this just puts it back to Windows 8, so I-ll try find out how to do "factory" restore.
m
l
December 29, 2012 11:58:19 AM

warhead0 said:
Why not just keep Windows 8, it's not that bad really.

There are programs available to re-enable the start button too.

I know this, with Start8 it basically is Windows 7, but then what-s the point might as well do Win7. Anyway I can/t use Win8 for most games it-s incompatible, plus all the programs I use I need Win7 for. All in all, Win8 is not for me, maybe for the casual user it might be fine, but I-m a rigorous PC user and gamer, this is not my thing.
m
l
!