Tecra 8000 BIOS access - not password

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
May 18, 2004 11:29:33 PM

OK, I have been playing with Dells too long. What is the key or combo
needed to access the BIOS setup with a Toshiba 8000. F2? F1? Alt F2???
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 19, 2004 7:21:33 AM

Rich Johnson <richj@remove.this.tairedd.com> wrote:
> OK, I have been playing with Dells too long. What is the key or combo
> needed to access the BIOS setup with a Toshiba 8000. F2? F1? Alt F2???

Hold down Esc while turning on or rebooting. Then press F1 when it
asks.

a b D Laptop
May 19, 2004 7:38:06 AM

On Tue, 18 May 2004 19:29:33 -0700, "Rich Johnson"
<richj@remove.this.tairedd.com> wrote:

:>OK, I have been playing with Dells too long. What is the key or combo
:>needed to access the BIOS setup with a Toshiba 8000. F2? F1? Alt F2???
:>
:>

All Toshibas made by Toshiba use the ESC key on powerup to enter the setup.

All Toshibas made by Compal use the F2 key on powerup to enter the setup.

Your 8000 is made by Toshiba assuming it's a Tecra.

Good Luck
OTG
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 19, 2004 12:55:46 PM

"OTG" <null@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:p glla0p7c711n7knc7dq8esgb0eo1209cu@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 18 May 2004 19:29:33 -0700, "Rich Johnson"
> <richj@remove.this.tairedd.com> wrote:
>
> :>OK, I have been playing with Dells too long. What is the key or combo
> :>needed to access the BIOS setup with a Toshiba 8000. F2? F1? Alt
F2???
> :>
> :>
>
> All Toshibas made by Toshiba use the ESC key on powerup to enter the
setup.

> All Toshibas made by Compal use the F2 key on powerup to enter the setup.
>
> Your 8000 is made by Toshiba assuming it's a Tecra.
>
> Good Luck
> OTG
Fortunately it is one of the ones made by Toshiba. The quality is high, not
like the current crop.
!