Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Question about memory voltaje

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
November 18, 2011 2:08:34 PM

I wanto to know if the memory say 1600Mhz @ 1.5v, means that memory will be at 1.5v with 1600Mhz or the voltaje is on the stock speed and then will rise when the clock rise?, the manufacture out the voltaje for the 1600 clock or stock clock?
a c 163 } Memory
a c 288 K Overclocking
November 18, 2011 3:05:59 PM

What RAM?

With that info that you give us, the RAM is 1600MHz at 1.5V STOCK, other thing in when you install it in the mobo.
Score
0
a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
November 27, 2011 3:44:08 AM

It would help to know the ram model and brand. I have found however that when the manufacturer labels it as 1600MHz @ 1.5v then that's usually what you get. Mine said 1600MHz @ 1.65 and when I used xmp profile 1 it went to 1600 and the voltage went to 1.65. If you're talking about the newer memory I've seen a lot that advertise 1600 @ 1.5v and that's what they run at. However, we cannot give you a definitive answer unless we know exactly which memory you are talking about.
Score
0
Related resources
November 29, 2011 12:01:06 AM

suteck said:
It would help to know the ram model and brand. I have found however that when the manufacturer labels it as 1600MHz @ 1.5v then that's usually what you get. Mine said 1600MHz @ 1.65 and when I used xmp profile 1 it went to 1600 and the voltage went to 1.65. If you're talking about the newer memory I've seen a lot that advertise 1600 @ 1.5v and that's what they run at. However, we cannot give you a definitive answer unless we know exactly which memory you are talking about.


the brand are corsair and the model is CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 but the blue ones, in my contry cost me like 90 dollars
Score
0
a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
November 29, 2011 1:08:27 AM

Yes, those should run at 1600MHz at the 1.5v. You will need to use your motherboards automatic memory overclock - XPM or turbo, depending on what bios your mobo has. However, sometimes you will have to increase the voltage just a little as psu and motherboards and the ram themselves put a slight twist on the voltage. Sometimes, but not usually.

If you're using the motherboard - MOBO ECS A780GM-A that's in your member configuration

THE BAD NEWS :cry:  :cry:  :cry: 

Your motherboard only supports DDR2 memory and the memory you're asking about is DDR3 - you will not be able to use it on that board!

If you have a different motherboard in mind that supports DDR3 and that particular memory model then it should run as advertised - 1600MHz @ 1.5v
Score
0
November 29, 2011 4:06:46 PM

suteck said:
Yes, those should run at 1600MHz at the 1.5v. You will need to use your motherboards automatic memory overclock - XPM or turbo, depending on what bios your mobo has. However, sometimes you will have to increase the voltage just a little as psu and motherboards and the ram themselves put a slight twist on the voltage. Sometimes, but not usually.

If you're using the motherboard - MOBO ECS A780GM-A that's in your member configuration

THE BAD NEWS :cry:  :cry:  :cry: 

Your motherboard only supports DDR2 memory and the memory you're asking about is DDR3 - you will not be able to use it on that board!

If you have a different motherboard in mind that supports DDR3 and that particular memory model then it should run as advertised - 1600MHz @ 1.5v


Off couse i have an ASUS P8P67-M-B3 with the 2600k, but i can't use them because i don't have RAM yet, i hope this weekend i will finish the upgrade, that's why i already don't change my specs, because i don't have it installed
Score
0

Best solution

a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
November 29, 2011 7:54:38 PM

That's great. That memory shows up on the corsair configurator also so you should not have any problems running speeds of 1600MHz @ 1.5v. Finish your build and have fun.
Share
November 30, 2011 12:40:49 AM

suteck said:
That's great. That memory shows up on the corsair configurator also so you should not have any problems running speeds of 1600MHz @ 1.5v. Finish your build and have fun.


great, the friday i will install all things, thanks
Score
0
November 30, 2011 12:41:19 AM

Best answer selected by jenkas.
Score
0
a c 163 } Memory
a c 288 K Overclocking
November 30, 2011 3:58:17 AM

This topic has been closed by Saint19
Score
0
!