the sims resource

for those who don't know, The Sims Resource is up and running for six
years this weekend, to celebrate 20000 downloads will be for free, there
is also a prize draw you can enter.

http://www.thesimsresource.com

Bianca
12 answers Last reply
More about sims resource

    >for those who don't know, The Sims Resource is up and running for six
    >years this weekend, to celebrate 20000 downloads will be for free, there
    >is also a prize draw you can enter.

    *Sets browser to download the lot*

    I love the Sims Resource but can't afford to join the paid part, right now.
    If I did couldn't buy the expansion packs. Also, am waiting to see what
    future expansion packs will do to our downloads. The items that are free
    are mostly recolors of meshes that you need a paid subscription to get. The
    free houses are great, though.

    "Rumpel" <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    > for those who don't know, The Sims Resource is up and running for six
    > years this weekend, to celebrate 20000 downloads will be for free,
    > there is also a prize draw you can enter.
    >
    > http://www.thesimsresource.com
    >
    > Bianca

    I wish you all would fix those bad zips. I am a member and have gotten
    quite a few. I
    emailed support last Monday & still waiting, probably never will hear
    from you all. Thank you.

    Joy

    meanornerywench wrote:
    > I love the Sims Resource but can't afford to join the paid part, right now.
    > If I did couldn't buy the expansion packs. Also, am waiting to see what
    > future expansion packs will do to our downloads. The items that are free
    > are mostly recolors of meshes that you need a paid subscription to get. The
    > free houses are great, though.

    I found some good hair recolors and other recolors of things already in
    the game. I'm glad I flipped through most of it.

    -georg

    Thanks, I'll go back and check, again.

    "Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
    > meanornerywench wrote:
    > > I love the Sims Resource but can't afford to join the paid part, right
    now.
    > > If I did couldn't buy the expansion packs. Also, am waiting to see what
    > > future expansion packs will do to our downloads. The items that are
    free
    > > are mostly recolors of meshes that you need a paid subscription to get.
    The
    > > free houses are great, though.
    > >

    > I found some good hair recolors and other recolors of things already in
    > the game. I'm glad I flipped through most of it.
    >
    > -georg

    They've put out a few new meshes in objects, too. Some great doors,
    veggies, and lights.

    joyplayer wrote, On 20-8-2005 22:47:
    > "Rumpel" <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    >
    >>for those who don't know, The Sims Resource is up and running for six
    >>years this weekend, to celebrate 20000 downloads will be for free,
    >>there is also a prize draw you can enter.
    >>
    >>http://www.thesimsresource.com
    >>
    >>Bianca
    >

    > I wish you all would fix those bad zips. I am a member and have gotten
    > quite a few. I
    > emailed support last Monday & still waiting, probably never will hear
    > from you all. Thank you.
    >
    > Joy

    ???
    I'm not from TSR, was just passing along the message, but I understand
    where you're coming from. Yesterday I couldn't get the pictures of the
    free downloads (not subscribed at the moment) and I've emailed them on
    several occasions about other things and never heard from them either.
    At the moment still debating if I take a new six month subscription at
    TSR or one at Well Dressed Sims (since they seem to have a lot of new
    meshes).

    Bianca

    > joyplayer wrote, On 20-8-2005 22:47:
    >> "Rumpel" <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>for those who don't know, The Sims Resource is up and running for six
    >>>years this weekend, to celebrate 20000 downloads will be for free,
    >>>there is also a prize draw you can enter.
    >>>
    >>>http://www.thesimsresource.com
    >>>
    >>>Bianca
    >>

    >> I wish you all would fix those bad zips. I am a member and have
    >> gotten quite a few. I
    >> emailed support last Monday & still waiting, probably never will hear
    >> from you all. Thank you.
    >>
    >> Joy
    >
    > ???
    > I'm not from TSR, was just passing along the message, but I understand
    > where you're coming from. Yesterday I couldn't get the pictures of the
    > free downloads (not subscribed at the moment) and I've emailed them on
    > several occasions about other things and never heard from them either.
    > At the moment still debating if I take a new six month subscription at
    > TSR or one at Well Dressed Sims (since they seem to have a lot of new
    > meshes).
    >
    > Bianca

    LOL I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to come on that strong. Today, I
    tried to
    get the southwest dining set and the table was a bad zip so the entire
    set is ruined.
    For some reason, it said you had to have the table to make the set
    work. ????
    I emailed them again, who knows. I could go on about some more bad zips.
    These
    zips are for some of the best stuff, I could live without some of their
    stuff but these things,
    I really wanted and then to get a invalid zip just makes me sick.
    I'll have to think hard about another 6 months subscription again. LOL

    Joy

    > LOL I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to come on that strong. Today, I
    > tried to
    > get the southwest dining set and the table was a bad zip so the entire
    > set is ruined.
    > For some reason, it said you had to have the table to make the set
    > work. ????
    > I emailed them again, who knows. I could go on about some more bad zips.
    > These
    > zips are for some of the best stuff, I could live without some of their
    > stuff but these things,
    > I really wanted and then to get a invalid zip just makes me sick.
    > I'll have to think hard about another 6 months subscription again. LOL
    >
    > Joy

    I suggest that you try leaving a comment for the creator of the set, if
    they don't have comments turned off. Most of the creators check those
    regularly and will contact you about your problem. Include your email
    address in the comment and see what happens. It could be that you've
    just had a corrupted download. I've downloaded literally thousands of
    things from there and have never had a bad zip yet.

    Jeanie

    joyplayer wrote, On 21-8-2005 3:46:

    > LOL I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to come on that strong. Today, I
    > tried to
    > get the southwest dining set and the table was a bad zip so the entire
    > set is ruined.
    > For some reason, it said you had to have the table to make the set
    > work. ????
    > I emailed them again, who knows. I could go on about some more bad zips.
    > These
    > zips are for some of the best stuff, I could live without some of their
    > stuff but these things,
    > I really wanted and then to get a invalid zip just makes me sick.
    > I'll have to think hard about another 6 months subscription again. LOL

    I haven't had any problem corrupt zips, yet. What I did notice was that
    there are quite a lot of downloads that were/are also available on MTS2,
    for free. I guess some artists test them there first before uploading
    them to TSR, but it feels like a bit of a rip off, I did not pay for
    downloads that I already downloaded for free on another website.

    Bianca

    "Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >> LOL I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to come on that strong. Today, I
    >> tried to
    >> get the southwest dining set and the table was a bad zip so the
    >> entire set is ruined.
    >> For some reason, it said you had to have the table to make the set
    >> work. ????
    >> I emailed them again, who knows. I could go on about some more bad
    >> zips. These
    >> zips are for some of the best stuff, I could live without some of
    >> their stuff but these things,
    >> I really wanted and then to get a invalid zip just makes me sick.
    >> I'll have to think hard about another 6 months subscription again.
    >> LOL
    >>
    >> Joy
    >>
    > I suggest that you try leaving a comment for the creator of the set,
    > if they don't have comments turned off. Most of the creators check
    > those regularly and will contact you about your problem. Include your
    > email address in the comment and see what happens. It could be that
    > you've just had a corrupted download. I've downloaded literally
    > thousands of things from there and have never had a bad zip yet.
    >
    > Jeanie

    Thanks Jeanie. I noticed though that you can't comment until you
    download. LOL
    I finally got what I was after. I use Registry Mechanic and cleaned out
    my registry, didn't
    know if it would help or not but maybe it did cause I got the file.
    I don't understand!

    > joyplayer wrote, On 21-8-2005 3:46:
    >>
    >> LOL I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to come on that strong. Today, I
    >> tried to
    >> get the southwest dining set and the table was a bad zip so the
    >> entire set is ruined.
    >> For some reason, it said you had to have the table to make the set
    >> work. ????
    >> I emailed them again, who knows. I could go on about some more bad
    >> zips. These
    >> zips are for some of the best stuff, I could live without some of
    >> their stuff but these things,
    >> I really wanted and then to get a invalid zip just makes me sick.
    >> I'll have to think hard about another 6 months subscription again.
    >> LOL
    >
    > I haven't had any problem corrupt zips, yet. What I did notice was
    > that there are quite a lot of downloads that were/are also available
    > on MTS2, for free. I guess some artists test them there first before
    > uploading them to TSR, but it feels like a bit of a rip off, I did not
    > pay for downloads that I already downloaded for free on another
    > website.
    >
    > Bianca

    Yes, I've noticed that too.

    Joy