9600 ocx - BFG gts 250 OC ?

DJ253

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2009
My 9600 OCX runs pretty hot (60C idle, 80++ on load) and i was wondering if it would be worth getting the BFG gts 250 oc (512mb) Also are they both about the same size? Im a few milimeters away from my toucing my wireless card D:.

Thanks

Solution
80+ really isn't terribly hot, especially if it's on auto fan. If the card has a 4-wire fan and not running full RPM, you should be able to manually increase the fan speed through software. I understand wanting to keep it a lower temp, but if that's the only issue...it's not a bad one.

As far as the "fuzzy" screen, are you running the LCD at it's native resolution?

DJ253

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2009
Yep always, although i do remember it being about 50-60 on IDLE now its never below 60. Cleaned case out yesterday, nothing has changed. Also my 19" widescreen is a bit fuzy (maybe its cause im use to a 17" fullscreen?) and i was thinking of getting a HDMI cable would that change nething?

Thanks

sirkillalot

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
maybe a little i dont see the diff on mine

try installing a fan in the front of the case if u havent got 1 there already, what i did was move it to the inside of the case right nexted to the gpu took 7 points of my temp.

when u cleaned out the case did u get all 3 fan areas, psu, cpu, gpu?

pauldh

Illustrious
80+ really isn't terribly hot, especially if it's on auto fan. If the card has a 4-wire fan and not running full RPM, you should be able to manually increase the fan speed through software. I understand wanting to keep it a lower temp, but if that's the only issue...it's not a bad one.

As far as the "fuzzy" screen, are you running the LCD at it's native resolution?

Solution

DJ253

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2009
I got it at 100% while gaming and that keeps it below 90C, as for the LCD its at its native resolution (19" widescreen asus)

since winter is coming I guess I have a good heating source? :D