HD and BluRay playback

What system do you have now? What budget are you on? AMD IGPs are capable of bluray playback, but if you need a discrete card a 4650 should fit the bill quite well. Most people making HTPCs use quick dual cores, however if you intend to do transcoding as well you will definitely want a quad.

Bean62

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
Well, the power supply and power button died on my pent 4. So I am in process of choosing a new pc. I am just interested in watching vidoes on internet and playing bluray movies. My budget is between 400 and 600 hundred.
I have looked at retail pcs, hp, gateway, dell,...... I do want to get the most pc for the bucks. So I am finding from gateway's website pent e5300 with integreted ati 3560 video card.
I did think about building one from scratch because I was not satisfied with what I have found. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Bean62

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
Well, the power supply and power button died on my pent 4. So I am in process of choosing a new pc. I am just interested in watching vidoes on internet and playing bluray movies. My budget is between 400 and 600 hundred.
I have looked at retail pcs, hp, gateway, dell,...... I do want to get the most pc for the bucks. So I am finding from gateway's website pent e5300 with integreted ati 3560 video card.
I did think about building one from scratch because I was not satisfied with what I have found. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thank you.