Antec 300 factory fans

ScottR

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
I recently ordered an Antec 300 case and was wondering if the stock fans are sufficient or should I replace them? I'm not too concerned with looks but I'm assuming if I wanted led's for the two stock fans I can just swap those out too?

Also, I know some people talk about not putting a side fan on this case for airflow purposes. Any thought on this?

I'd add the side fan only if using twin GFX cards. As far as "interference", case air flow is really a lit simpler than many peeps make it out to be. Antec fans are superb .... hope you ordered the "Illusion" version which comes witht he fans pre-installed for mych less $$ than you can buy them....and yes, they are LED fans. And while the side fan is no where near the CPU, I don't recall if it would hit any of the GFX cards as with twin GF, I move u to a bigger case. I have had to trim the corner of the fans on the Antec 1200 case door fans for that reason.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129066

ScottR

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
Thanks for the replies. This is my first build so unfortunately I did not know about the illusion. After rebate and buying the fans I think I'm only paying $10 more than what the illusion costs. Again, being my first build I could use the experience in putting the fans in myself.

I eventually plan on using sli but I'll wait to get a side fan for that. Are there intake fans for the antec that come with filters?