LED fans - Blaah what's the point?!

keto6789

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Hi.

I recently (7 months or so ago) built my beautiful fast computer and am very happy with it. My case came with blue LED fans and I liked them at first, but I'm sort of past all that flashy crap and would rather have a dark room at night when I turn off my monitor and leave the computer on for the night (white noise helps me sleep). I know that they look cool, but these things don't matter to me as I'm older and more mature now so I'm thinking of just unplugging them. I haven't opened my case since I built it and have even forgotten most of my computers specs. I'm at work right now and am just wondering if it is possible to unplug the LED fans and just have them running without the light.

Solution
I also like to watch videos in the privacy of my bedroom... :D

I'm not sure if you can disconnect the LED on one of those fans, but it is easy to replace the fan with a non-LED fan. Fans are super cheap.

keto6789

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011

WHat's wrong with having my computer in my bedroom? I like to read articles and watch Youtube before bed.

Gurduloo

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
I also like to watch videos in the privacy of my bedroom... :D

I'm not sure if you can disconnect the LED on one of those fans, but it is easy to replace the fan with a non-LED fan. Fans are super cheap.

Solution