Superstar/Makin' Magic Problem

Last response: in Video Games
August 21, 2005 12:01:00 AM

I just installed the Superstar and Makin Magic xpacks on a normally
functioning game (only Vacation is missing now). When I send one of my
Sims to either studio town or magic town (if that's what it's called),
no one interacts. All of the Sims just stand still, and clicking on them
doesn't give an option to interact. Eventually, they all start
complaining about comforts, etc., and stand around blocking traffic
until they drop. Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, what's the
cure?

McB
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 4:44:18 PM

I just installed the Superstar and Makin' Magic xpacks, which means I
have everything but Vacation in my game. Problem is, when I go to Magic
Town(?) or Studio Town(?), my Sims can't interact with other Sims. They
just stand around getting bored (no movement), then they complain until
they drop. I noticed that going to Old Town is no longer an option, and
that most of the expanded dialog options from Hot Date are missing (no
different kissing types, etc). My Sims also can't interact with the
Mystery Man on Sims lots (only in Magic Town). He rings doorbells
continually, and generally blocks the door.
This was a new reinstall (installed everything from Deluxe up, in their
proper order). I check for bad skins/textures, and removed the few that
were there; checked for ID conflicts (and fixed), and removed any
duplicate object files that were in the Downloads directory. Does anyone
have any idea how to fix this? The game ran perfectly before installing
the new xpacks.
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 9:28:22 PM

McBarker wrote:
> I just installed the Superstar and Makin' Magic xpacks, which means I
> have everything but Vacation in my game. Problem is, when I go to Magic
> Town(?) or Studio Town(?), my Sims can't interact with other Sims. They
> just stand around getting bored (no movement), then they complain until
> they drop. I noticed that going to Old Town is no longer an option, and
> that most of the expanded dialog options from Hot Date are missing (no
> different kissing types, etc). My Sims also can't interact with the
> Mystery Man on Sims lots (only in Magic Town). He rings doorbells
> continually, and generally blocks the door.
> This was a new reinstall (installed everything from Deluxe up, in their
> proper order). I check for bad skins/textures, and removed the few that
> were there; checked for ID conflicts (and fixed), and removed any
> duplicate object files that were in the Downloads directory. Does anyone
> have any idea how to fix this? The game ran perfectly before installing
> the new xpacks.

I have no idea what's wrong. I can only suggest that you contact Maxis
directly and ask.

-georg
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 4:31:05 PM

I know that installing them in the right order makes a difference. Not
sure if it will make a difference with your problem or not, but maybe
worth a try.
It means a whole reinstall.
!