Superstar/Makin' Magic Problem

I just installed the Superstar and Makin Magic xpacks on a normally
functioning game (only Vacation is missing now). When I send one of my
Sims to either studio town or magic town (if that's what it's called),
no one interacts. All of the Sims just stand still, and clicking on them
doesn't give an option to interact. Eventually, they all start
complaining about comforts, etc., and stand around blocking traffic
until they drop. Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, what's the
cure?

McB
3 answers Last reply
More about superstar makin magic problem

    I just installed the Superstar and Makin' Magic xpacks, which means I
    have everything but Vacation in my game. Problem is, when I go to Magic
    Town(?) or Studio Town(?), my Sims can't interact with other Sims. They
    just stand around getting bored (no movement), then they complain until
    they drop. I noticed that going to Old Town is no longer an option, and
    that most of the expanded dialog options from Hot Date are missing (no
    different kissing types, etc). My Sims also can't interact with the
    Mystery Man on Sims lots (only in Magic Town). He rings doorbells
    continually, and generally blocks the door.
    This was a new reinstall (installed everything from Deluxe up, in their
    proper order). I check for bad skins/textures, and removed the few that
    were there; checked for ID conflicts (and fixed), and removed any
    duplicate object files that were in the Downloads directory. Does anyone
    have any idea how to fix this? The game ran perfectly before installing
    the new xpacks.

    McBarker wrote:
    > I just installed the Superstar and Makin' Magic xpacks, which means I
    > have everything but Vacation in my game. Problem is, when I go to Magic
    > Town(?) or Studio Town(?), my Sims can't interact with other Sims. They
    > just stand around getting bored (no movement), then they complain until
    > they drop. I noticed that going to Old Town is no longer an option, and
    > that most of the expanded dialog options from Hot Date are missing (no
    > different kissing types, etc). My Sims also can't interact with the
    > Mystery Man on Sims lots (only in Magic Town). He rings doorbells
    > continually, and generally blocks the door.
    > This was a new reinstall (installed everything from Deluxe up, in their
    > proper order). I check for bad skins/textures, and removed the few that
    > were there; checked for ID conflicts (and fixed), and removed any
    > duplicate object files that were in the Downloads directory. Does anyone
    > have any idea how to fix this? The game ran perfectly before installing
    > the new xpacks.

    I have no idea what's wrong. I can only suggest that you contact Maxis
    directly and ask.

    -georg

    I know that installing them in the right order makes a difference. Not
    sure if it will make a difference with your problem or not, but maybe
    worth a try.
    It means a whole reinstall.

Sims Games Video Games