Overclocking E6750

BabyBurke

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
Hello, I recently decided to overclock my e6750. This is my first time ever overclocking, and so I read the basic guides making sure to do everything correctly. I'd appreciate some input as I'm unsure if my current setup is tweaked correctly and my temperatures during orthos are higher than the recommended(~73C after 5 mins - ~40C @ idle). Currently I'm running 3.2ghz @ 1.418 volts and I have set memory timing to the default optimized setting - 5-5-5-15. Should this be set to 4-4-4-12 instead? Also, everything is stock(fan etc.), but I have added one case fan on the bottom to bring cold air in, while the case fan on the top is set to bring hot air out. Maybe replacing the thermal compound is necessary? Feel free to share any tips as well. Thanks for the help.

Here is all the information I have gathered:

- E6750 2.66 @ ghz

- 680i LT SLI

- 2 OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 SLI-Ready Edition Dual Channel *EOL

* 800MHz DDR2
* EPP4-4-4-15 1T(CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)
* 2.1 Volts

- 850 watt OCZ PSU

2qks7si.png

Idle:

1eutki.png

After 1 Min Orthos:

5xk0sy.png

After 5 min Orthos:

30my8f5.png

I stopped the Orthos test after 5 mins since I didn't feel safe going above that temp.

replace the cpu cooler with something better. A coolermaster hyper tx3 should be fine to get that CPU cool. try not to go above 70C under full load, preferably less. my e6600 runs no hotter than 61C at 3.26ghz under full load (1.3v), not using stock cooler, usint some beefy foxconn cooler i pulled from an Acer Pentium 4D PC and some noctuna nt-h1 thermal compound (its better than AS5, and no curing time). You could try just new thermal paste and see how it goes, but i would get a new cooler.

BB, your vcore is pretty high. If it is on Auto, put it on Manual and try to lower it. Lowering vcore will lower temps.

If your system will not run with a lower vcore, you have two options:
1. Better cooling.
2. Lower the overclock and CPU voltage until your system will run reliably with load temps below 70 C.