Watch for the 5850, it should be here very soon. The 275 is fine, the 5850 will be a bit more expensive, but it should be faster and it does support DX11. You might find it a better buy at this point in time.
Well I'd be going over budget with getting a 5870 or 5850, but by having dx11 and a faster card, I feel like I'd be adding a little more life into my machine, so I'd think it would justify the extra cost.
What would you say? Get a 5850 for $300 or spend the extra $80 to get a 5870?
I thought had it was not going to be released until early October.....
My guess it that zipzoomfly is pre-selling their expected initial delivery stock at a premium.
As the 5870 was almost instantly sold out, I have no doubt some n00bs are willing to pay the premium go get in the front of the delivery line.
The preliminary benchmarks for the 5850 were actually done with a 5870 with features turned off to simulate a 5850. Soooo . . . since I believe in trust but verify . . .
If I had the $370, and wanted to buy now, I'd buy the 5870. If I wanted an extra $110 in my pocket, I'd wait until I saw the first real, competitive, 5850 reviews. Its only a week or two. Then I'd decide.