6 seperate display.. noob question

DrDemented

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
I have set up and used many 2 display monitors... but now I have a problem. I need to build a computer, with 6 separate monitors... 1 main monitor, 4 other monitors and 1 projection monitor. The main monitor will be used to control the other 5 monitors. :eek: Does anyone have any suggestions on what the best hardware and software setup that I can use to accomplish this?? Basically what I will be doing is having 1 display for a speaker to view, 2 displays for 3 separate panels of people, and 1 projector for the audience. These displays will be controlled from the booth on the main comp display. I have been researching this but realy haven't found any good options for it! Does anyone have any input??

paperfox

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
From what I can understand from your post is that all of the monitors will project the same image? If so then it’s just like having 2 monitors only now you have 6.
There are a few ways to obtain your objective:
Buy the new ATI HD 5870 Eyefinity which will be an expensive (~$600?) card which has 6 outputs. Should be released next month.
Get 2 ATI HD 5850s (~$200? ea) with 3 ports per card. Released in a few weeks I think.
And the last option is get 3 HD 46XX (or other low priced cards) each card with 2 outputs.
The 3 low priced cards have the cost advantage but will require a motherboard with 3 pcie slots.
Hope this helps :)