Sign in with
Your question

Super Talent RAM, Asus QVL, and M4A79XTD EVO

Last response: in Memory
February 25, 2010 4:17:13 AM

Any help would be much appreciated!

I just got a Asus M4A79XTD EVO motherboard and a Super Talent DDR3-1600 4GB (2x2GB) CL9 Dual Channel Memory Kit and I only now noticed that, in the most updated version of the Qualified Vendors List for memory for the board (page 2-12 of the manual for the board), it lists Super Talent DDR3-1600 MHz memory (WA160UX6G9) as only supporting type A (one module inserted in any slot as single-channel memory configuration) capabilities.

I was really hoping to run my 2x2GB Super Talent memory kit in a dual-channel memory configuration on my new system--can anyone speak from experience on whether I'm going to have any luck on this?

Again, any help would be appreciated--thank you so much!
February 26, 2010 3:18:33 AM

So, I have the system up and going (no OS or hard drives installed yet)... POST says that my memory is running in unganged mode, but doesn't say whether it's dual or single channel... Anyway I can tell if they are running dual channel from the bios, POST, or a bootable program (like Memtest86+)?

...Speaking of Memtest86+ I did try booting to Memtest86+, but it just said that my memory was running in 64-bit, which I believe is the same as saying it's unganged, but not whether it's dual or single channel...
March 4, 2010 11:29:26 PM

Just so y'all know, the answer is yes, there appear to be no problems regarding running my Super Talent RAM with my Asus motherboard. :) 
!