Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

not a good idea

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 6:39:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

A couple of days ago I made a small dorm with 3 rooms and moved my sim
in. Everything went fine the first couple of days, as usual I made him
hate the mascots. Then I noticed that his two roommates were rather
annoying. Since he wanted to see the ghost of the lama mascot I got a
cow-plant, thinking it should also clear up the problem of annoying
roommates.

Especially downloaded the teleporter painting and shrub, because the
lama mascot seem to know that something was wrong and didn't show up
anymore (before it showed up uninvited all the time). Nice touch was
when the lama got eaten my sim went to cheer at the grave and the grave
also gives the option to kick it.

Soon I had seven graves on the premises and his constant want for seeing
ghosts was fulfilled almost nightly (but never the darn lama). One night
however, three of the dead decided that they wanted to play ghost. That
was a bit too much, sims were peeing all over the place (even with the
testingcheats on I couldn't keep the bladder-motives of my sim up
because the ghosts kept coming one after another) and soon they had the
green clouds hanging all around them.

So I had to sell all graves but one (the lama mascot), so I could
occasionally fulfill his want to see a ghost and deleted the cow-plant
(what's the fun of having one when you cannot use it?)

This experiment has failed. I planned to make a haunted house in that
neighborhood, but now I'm not sure.

Bianca

More about : good idea

August 21, 2005 6:39:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Rumpel" <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
news:4307ccc9$0$11061$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl...
>A couple of days ago I made a small dorm with 3 rooms and moved my sim in.
>Everything went fine the first couple of days, as usual I made him hate the
>mascots. Then I noticed that his two roommates were rather annoying. Since
>he wanted to see the ghost of the lama mascot I got a cow-plant, thinking
>it should also clear up the problem of annoying roommates.
>
> Especially downloaded the teleporter painting and shrub, because the lama
> mascot seem to know that something was wrong and didn't show up anymore
> (before it showed up uninvited all the time). Nice touch was when the lama
> got eaten my sim went to cheer at the grave and the grave also gives the
> option to kick it.
>
> Soon I had seven graves on the premises and his constant want for seeing
> ghosts was fulfilled almost nightly (but never the darn lama). One night
> however, three of the dead decided that they wanted to play ghost. That
> was a bit too much, sims were peeing all over the place (even with the
> testingcheats on I couldn't keep the bladder-motives of my sim up because
> the ghosts kept coming one after another) and soon they had the green
> clouds hanging all around them.
>
> So I had to sell all graves but one (the lama mascot), so I could
> occasionally fulfill his want to see a ghost and deleted the cow-plant
> (what's the fun of having one when you cannot use it?)
>
> This experiment has failed. I planned to make a haunted house in that
> neighborhood, but now I'm not sure.
>
> Bianca

Only elders sims with gravea around and cowplant are perfect fit together.

Child / Teens / Young Adults are not good with graves around

Knowledge sims are good with graves and cowplants.

Hilarious my sim want become be zombie himself LOL
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 9:39:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Rumpel" <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
news:4307ccc9$0$11061$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl...
>
> So I had to sell all graves but one (the lama mascot), so I could
> occasionally fulfill his want to see a ghost and deleted the cow-plant
> (what's the fun of having one when you cannot use it?)

They make nice pets?
>
> This experiment has failed. I planned to make a haunted house in that
> neighborhood, but now I'm not sure.
>
If you have Simpe...
You can manage ghosts in a haunted house scenario if you restrict them to
ground floor only and have all Sim living quarters upstairs. My attempt was
more 'haunted garden' than house though I did build a little summer-house so
people could sit and ghost-watch. Like bird watching, only in the dark?

The house was on stilts.
(for them that know me, yes, it was Loki's house as a matter of fact. and
yes, both he and Circe had pet plants...)

V
Related resources
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 9:39:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Veronica L" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:AsUNe.93124$G8.9412@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>
> "Rumpel" <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> news:4307ccc9$0$11061$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl...
>>
>> So I had to sell all graves but one (the lama mascot), so I could
>> occasionally fulfill his want to see a ghost and deleted the cow-plant
>> (what's the fun of having one when you cannot use it?)
>
> They make nice pets?
>>
>> This experiment has failed. I planned to make a haunted house in that
>> neighborhood, but now I'm not sure.
>>
> If you have Simpe...
> You can manage ghosts in a haunted house scenario if you restrict them to
> ground floor only and have all Sim living quarters upstairs. My attempt
> was more 'haunted garden' than house though I did build a little
> summer-house so people could sit and ghost-watch. Like bird watching, only
> in the dark?
>
> The house was on stilts.
> (for them that know me, yes, it was Loki's house as a matter of fact. and
> yes, both he and Circe had pet plants...)
>
> V
>


I have not played ghosts very often.
So, I have a question.
If you put a urn on a top floor of a house, will the ghost only stay on the
top floor?
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 10:23:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Davybear" <Davybear@adelphia.net> wrote in message
news:rLidnVbgdPNzhZXeRVn-hw@adelphia.com...
>
> "Veronica L" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:AsUNe.93124$G8.9412@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>>
>> "Rumpel" <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
>> news:4307ccc9$0$11061$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl...
>>>
>>> So I had to sell all graves but one (the lama mascot), so I could
>>> occasionally fulfill his want to see a ghost and deleted the cow-plant
>>> (what's the fun of having one when you cannot use it?)
>>
>> They make nice pets?
>>>
>>> This experiment has failed. I planned to make a haunted house in that
>>> neighborhood, but now I'm not sure.
>>>

>> V> I have not played ghosts very often.
> So, I have a question.
> If you put a urn on a top floor of a house, will the ghost only stay on
> the top floor?
>
Drat! I am afraid I am not sure, as the only time I kept urns up on the
third storey, in one small room, I never actually got a haunting at all.

No! Wait. I have had a house where the urns were kept on the landing and I
remember someone wetting themselves by the fridge in the kitchen so that
ghost could go up and down stairs all right.

Perhaps someone else knows more ghost-rules. I hope so.

V
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 10:23:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Veronica L" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:g5VNe.93125$G8.52653@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>
> "Davybear" <Davybear@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> news:rLidnVbgdPNzhZXeRVn-hw@adelphia.com...
>>
>> "Veronica L" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>> news:AsUNe.93124$G8.9412@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>>>
>>> "Rumpel" <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
>>> news:4307ccc9$0$11061$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl...
>>>>
>>>> So I had to sell all graves but one (the lama mascot), so I could
>>>> occasionally fulfill his want to see a ghost and deleted the cow-plant
>>>> (what's the fun of having one when you cannot use it?)
>>>
>>> They make nice pets?
>>>>
>>>> This experiment has failed. I planned to make a haunted house in that
>>>> neighborhood, but now I'm not sure.
>>>>
>
>>> V> I have not played ghosts very often.
>> So, I have a question.
>> If you put a urn on a top floor of a house, will the ghost only stay on
>> the top floor?
>>
> Drat! I am afraid I am not sure, as the only time I kept urns up on the
> third storey, in one small room, I never actually got a haunting at all.
>
> No! Wait. I have had a house where the urns were kept on the landing and I
> remember someone wetting themselves by the fridge in the kitchen so that
> ghost could go up and down stairs all right.
>
> Perhaps someone else knows more ghost-rules. I hope so.
>
> V
>
I know in Sims1 that ghost are restricted to ground floor activity, but I
thought I read that in Sims2 that they could move more freely.
I would love to create a Psycho house with the mother as a ghost on the top
floor.
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 1:40:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 01:02:21 -0500 Davybear wrote:
>
> I have not played ghosts very often.
> So, I have a question.
> If you put a urn on a top floor of a house, will the ghost only stay on the
> top floor?

I've had lots with the tombstones outside but the ghosts happily haunting
the third floor, wandering through the house, across the street... wherever
they wanted to go.
There's no limiting the ghosts, I'm afraid.

Dorte
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 2:10:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

I have never had a ghost go up stairs. I have had a couple of evil ghost
infestations. I solved them by resurrecting the poor souls. They had died
prematurely and deserved a second chance.
Plus they kept waking up my Sims, destroying expensive lamps (only the
expensive ones!) and scaring the pee out of my Sims. One particular evil
spirit actually scared a Sim to death. Several times in a row. The poor
spouse had to run to beg for her life over and over! Sims that die as a
platinum elder don't seem to haunt do they? I have not seen one yet.

I have not resurrected an elder. But I might inorder to fix some family
load screens that dead Sims show up on.


BD


"Dorte Schünecke" <schueneckeDELETE@web.de> wrote in message
news:1qprt14r05waj$.xz7zparbmvem.dlg@40tude.net...
> On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 01:02:21 -0500 Davybear wrote:
>>
>> I have not played ghosts very often.
>> So, I have a question.
>> If you put a urn on a top floor of a house, will the ghost only stay on
>> the
>> top floor?
>
> I've had lots with the tombstones outside but the ghosts happily haunting
> the third floor, wandering through the house, across the street...
> wherever
> they wanted to go.
> There's no limiting the ghosts, I'm afraid.
>
> Dorte
August 21, 2005 3:06:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Dorte Schünecke" <schueneckeDELETE@web.de> wrote in message
news:1qprt14r05waj$.xz7zparbmvem.dlg@40tude.net...
> On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 01:02:21 -0500 Davybear wrote:
>>
>> I have not played ghosts very often.
>> So, I have a question.
>> If you put a urn on a top floor of a house, will the ghost only stay on
>> the
>> top floor?
>
> I've had lots with the tombstones outside but the ghosts happily haunting
> the third floor, wandering through the house, across the street...
> wherever
> they wanted to go.
> There's no limiting the ghosts, I'm afraid.
>
> Dorte

but my mostly ghosts rarely goto 2nd floors. guest ghosts never go inside
house. it would good fun if urn put in 3 floors and locked and what see
happen...
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 4:09:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Veronica L wrote:

> Perhaps someone else knows more ghost-rules. I hope so.

I once unchecked the "move through walls"-box in PE, and put a fence
around my graveyard. I didn't get to see whether it worked, though.

T.
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 4:09:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
news:3mr279F184tutU1@individual.net...
> Veronica L wrote:
>
>> Perhaps someone else knows more ghost-rules. I hope so.
>
> I once unchecked the "move through walls"-box in PE, and put a fence
> around my graveyard. I didn't get to see whether it worked, though.
>
This is the snag, isn;t it? although I am sure maxi included some sort of
'get ghost moving' cheat somewhere.
i think I remember someone else gloating about a ghost-filled graveyard,
which sounds as if they were restricted.

I say, what about gates? or doors? If you could use a student's door and
restrict a ghost to one room you could develop a really posh haunted house -
and make Sims pay through the nose to visit scary rooms on a sliding scale
(imaginary, I fear, but fun to think about)

I once had four ghosts on a lot and simpe'd them giving each one different
characteristics to see which worked best.
Snag. Half the time they didn;t turn up.

I also discovered if you clicked on a transparent ghost it turned solid
which meant a few good pics could be taken for later harvesting in
photoshop. Pic would show seemingly normal Sim floating or going 'whoo-oo!'
But I lost the lot. 8(

V
August 21, 2005 4:46:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

A dumb question???

How and where do you get the cowplant???

Thanks

Bobo


"Rumpel" <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
news:4307ccc9$0$11061$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl...
>A couple of days ago I made a small dorm with 3 rooms and moved my sim in.
>Everything went fine the first couple of days, as usual I made him hate the
>mascots. Then I noticed that his two roommates were rather annoying. Since
>he wanted to see the ghost of the lama mascot I got a cow-plant, thinking
>it should also clear up the problem of annoying roommates.
>
> Especially downloaded the teleporter painting and shrub, because the lama
> mascot seem to know that something was wrong and didn't show up anymore
> (before it showed up uninvited all the time). Nice touch was when the lama
> got eaten my sim went to cheer at the grave and the grave also gives the
> option to kick it.
>
> Soon I had seven graves on the premises and his constant want for seeing
> ghosts was fulfilled almost nightly (but never the darn lama). One night
> however, three of the dead decided that they wanted to play ghost. That
> was a bit too much, sims were peeing all over the place (even with the
> testingcheats on I couldn't keep the bladder-motives of my sim up because
> the ghosts kept coming one after another) and soon they had the green
> clouds hanging all around them.
>
> So I had to sell all graves but one (the lama mascot), so I could
> occasionally fulfill his want to see a ghost and deleted the cow-plant
> (what's the fun of having one when you cannot use it?)
>
> This experiment has failed. I planned to make a haunted house in that
> neighborhood, but now I'm not sure.
>
> Bianca
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 5:08:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Bobo wrote:
> A dumb question???
>
> How and where do you get the cowplant???

Have University. Send a young-un off to college and then get a job in
the natural sciences. It's the career reward. Or, get University, and
then get the hacks that will let career rewards be buyable.

-georg
August 21, 2005 6:16:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Addendum to a dumb question???

Thanks Georg. That helps but one more question, where does one get the hacks
that you mentioned. I do have University but there are so many places to
get hacks that I don't know where to start.

Thanks Again,

Bobo

"Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
news:x1%Ne.22923$Hx4.13966@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> Bobo wrote:
>> A dumb question???
>>
>> How and where do you get the cowplant???
>
> Have University. Send a young-un off to college and then get a job in the
> natural sciences. It's the career reward. Or, get University, and then get
> the hacks that will let career rewards be buyable.
>
> -georg
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 6:24:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Bobo wrote:
> Addendum to a dumb question???
>
> Thanks Georg. That helps but one more question, where does one get the hacks
> that you mentioned. I do have University but there are so many places to
> get hacks that I don't know where to start.

The place to start, always, is modthesims2.com. Then you can try
varioussimmers.com or is it variousimmers.com? And moreawesomethanyou.com.

Pretty much, those are the only places I get hacks. The search functions
on all of them are usually great.

-georg
August 21, 2005 7:00:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Thanks,

Sorry for all the newbie questions.

Bobo

"Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
news:o 80Oe.34519$EX.1243@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> Bobo wrote:
>> Addendum to a dumb question???
>>
>> Thanks Georg. That helps but one more question, where does one get the
>> hacks that you mentioned. I do have University but there are so many
>> places to get hacks that I don't know where to start.
>
> The place to start, always, is modthesims2.com. Then you can try
> varioussimmers.com or is it variousimmers.com? And moreawesomethanyou.com.
>
> Pretty much, those are the only places I get hacks. The search functions
> on all of them are usually great.
>
> -georg
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 10:14:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Veronica L wrote:
> You can manage ghosts in a haunted house scenario if you restrict
> them to ground floor only and have all Sim living quarters upstairs.
> My attempt was more 'haunted garden' than house though I did build a
> little summer-house so people could sit and ghost-watch. Like bird
> watching, only in the dark?
Ghosts have no problems at all with stairs so putting the sleeping quarters
on the second floor is only a small help. I think if a ghost had their room
on the second floor they are more likely to actually go up the stairs and
yes the first floor will be more haunted but if they were sleeping on the
second floor like you are suggesting then they will go visit their bed and
other bits of the second floor.

Water is an effective way to control them though. You can build a moat
around the graves and then for some reason they stay next to them.

Gareeth
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 10:16:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

bd85tx wrote:
> I have never had a ghost go up stairs. I have had a couple of evil
> ghost infestations.

Do you have bedrooms on the second floor? It has been my experience that a
ghost won't wander up there for the sake of it and in most of my big houses
4 people live on the ground floor and four on top. The ones who lived their
life on the ground floor sometimes haunt exclusively there but if a ghost
had a room on the second floor they will go. Ghosts sometimes also visit the
stie of their death so if they died up there they might go too.

Gareeth
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 10:44:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Zv3Oe.209881$tt5.59945@edtnps90...
> Veronica L wrote:
>> You can manage ghosts in a haunted house scenario if you restrict
>> them to ground floor only and have all Sim living quarters upstairs.
>> My attempt was more 'haunted garden' than house though I did build a
>> little summer-house so people could sit and ghost-watch. Like bird
>> watching, only in the dark?
> Ghosts have no problems at all with stairs so putting the sleeping
> quarters on the second floor is only a small help. I think if a ghost had
> their room on the second floor they are more likely to actually go up the
> stairs and yes the first floor will be more haunted but if they were
> sleeping on the second floor like you are suggesting then they will go
> visit their bed and other bits of the second floor.
>
> Water is an effective way to control them though. You can build a moat
> around the graves and then for some reason they stay next to them.
>
> Gareeth
You know I can't remember what the heck I did now. Looking at Simpe again I
see the wall is the only restriction. Though I am not sure what 'ignore
traverse costs' means.
I was sure I kept them out of the house, though and it couldn;t have been a
student door because it was before the EP.

8(( perhaps I am thinking of something else, like Zombies.

I know I got fed up of ghosts waking children up in one house and have never
let them appear in later games.
Nobody has died yet in my current run and that will end before they do, so
that's no good..
Puzzling. So I bow to your superior knowledge and wander off looking
confused. 8)

V.
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 12:54:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

I think they like to visit their beds - quite a few of my ghosts spend time
jumping in and out of the bed they used in life. They get quite cross if
they discover their spouse in it with someone else.

Best wishes
maxon

"Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:fy3Oe.209887$tt5.208306@edtnps90...
> bd85tx wrote:
> > I have never had a ghost go up stairs. I have had a couple of evil
> > ghost infestations.
>
> Do you have bedrooms on the second floor? It has been my experience that a
> ghost won't wander up there for the sake of it and in most of my big
houses
> 4 people live on the ground floor and four on top. The ones who lived
their
> life on the ground floor sometimes haunt exclusively there but if a ghost
> had a room on the second floor they will go. Ghosts sometimes also visit
the
> stie of their death so if they died up there they might go too.
>
> Gareeth
>
>
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 10:59:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Veronica L wrote:

> "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> news:3mr279F184tutU1@individual.net...
>> Veronica L wrote:
>>> Perhaps someone else knows more ghost-rules. I hope so.
>> I once unchecked the "move through walls"-box in PE, and put a
>> fence
>> around my graveyard. I didn't get to see whether it worked, though.
> I say, what about gates? or doors?

I don't think that works, although it would look good. Wailing ghosts
behind the gates... HuuUUUuuUUUUUuu. But normal sims can pass through
gates, so I don't see how we could stop ghosts from doing the same.

> If you could use a student's door
> and restrict a ghost to one room you could develop a really posh
> haunted house - and make Sims pay through the nose to visit scary
> rooms on a sliding scale (imaginary, I fear, but fun to think about)

That is brilliant. Oooh, the possibilities... You would have the
intended ghost die in the allocated room, so it will be there the
most. But you couldn't stop them from roaming the halls, could you?
Only from other allocated rooms.

T.
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 10:59:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

>
>> If you could use a student's door
>> and restrict a ghost to one room you could develop a really posh
>> haunted house - and make Sims pay through the nose to visit scary
>> rooms on a sliding scale (imaginary, I fear, but fun to think about)
>
> That is brilliant. Oooh, the possibilities... You would have the intended
> ghost die in the allocated room, so it will be there the most. But you
> couldn't stop them from roaming the halls, could you? Only from other
> allocated rooms.
>
Sigh.... Nice idea though, wannit?
Back to the drawing board.

V
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 11:00:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Gareeth wrote:

> Water is an effective way to control them though. You can build a
> moat
> around the graves and then for some reason they stay next to them.

Truly? Ghosts do not pass over water? That is awesome. I'm now
wondering about the upcoming vampires. Folklore has it that vampires
can't do that either.

T.
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 11:46:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Veronica L wrote:

>> Taemon wrote:
>> That is brilliant. Oooh, the possibilities... You would have the
>> intended ghost die in the allocated room, so it will be there the
>> most. But you couldn't stop them from roaming the halls, could you?
>> Only from other allocated rooms.
> Sigh.... Nice idea though, wannit?
> Back to the drawing board.

No, I've got it. You use TWO doors. One allocated to the ghost, then a
hallway, then another door... allocated to someone else.

T.
!