Desktop Background

August 3, 2004 5:13:13 PM

Where does xp store the desktop Background files that are
displayed in the Display Properties, Desktop tab selection
box???

Thanks,
James

More about : desktop background

Anonymous
August 3, 2004 5:22:54 PM

James, look in C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper
"JamesJ" <jjy@adellphia.net> wrote in message
> Where does xp store the desktop Background files that are
> displayed in the Display Properties, Desktop tab selection
> box???
>
> Thanks,
> James

August 3, 2004 9:16:35 PM

There's nothing in that folder. I previously removed the
backgrounds from this folder 'cause I keep my
backgrounds in a personal folder.
The items that show up in the Display Properties,
Desktop tab selection box are my current background
picture and IE Animation Large and IE Animation Small.
I'm not sure where these other two items came from.
I did a Windows Update recently, maybe that was it.

Thanks,
James

"Rich Barry" <rbarry@NOTsocal.rr.com> wrote in message
> James, look in C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper
> "JamesJ" <jjy@adellphia.net> wrote in message
> > Where does xp store the desktop Background files that are
> > displayed in the Display Properties, Desktop tab selection
> > box???
> >
> > Thanks,
> > James

Anonymous
August 9, 2004 11:33:03 PM

Highlight your windows folder, sort by file type, and you will find them
there at bitmap images (BMP).

L.A. Randall

!