Motherboard support specifications

Hello,
how can I realize the support specifications of a cpu ?
what's the codes which are written as the the support specifications eg.graphic card ,cpu and e.t.c
can you explain an example for a gigabyte motherboar? how can I realize its support specifications from its name? thaks alottttttt.
3 answers Last reply
More about motherboard support specifications
  1. Are you familiar with chipsets (X58, P55, H55, H57, P45, P43, etc.)? Usually, you can see those in the name of the motherboard. For example, with Gigabyte, you have a motherboard named "GA-P55-UD6". Based on this name, you can clearly see "P55" there. A quick search will tell you that this motherboard is compatible with LGA1156 or Core i5 or Core i7-8xx processors. Another one would be from ASUS: "P6TX58 SO". It's a little more cryptic, but you can make out X58 once you figure out that P6T is ASUS's way of telling you it's a LGA1366 motherboard. A quick search will tell you that this motherboard is compatible with i7-9xx and the upcoming i9 processors.

As for the graphics cards and other stuff, if you are buying new current-generation components, they are most likely compatible with your motherboard. Just make sure that your Power Supply Unit or PSU (which is also standard along current-gen technology) can handle everything.
  2. Then,how can I understand about the VGA that an special motherboard can support? I mean that how can I know it from its model name?
    Totally how can I know these information ?Can U introduce me a web site? thank alot. ;)
  3. OK. If your motherboard has PCI-e slots, and your VGA card is PCI-e, then they are compatible. That's all there is to it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Support CPUs Motherboards