Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Guys PLZZZ Help Me!!

Last response: in Components
Share
November 28, 2009 4:21:24 PM

Well if i press the power button the computer turns off in about 1-3 seconds, press it again same thing, press it again and nothing.....then 2 seconds later it turns on and works fine.....all temps are fine......psu is fine could it be the power button?

More about : guys plzzz

November 28, 2009 5:21:31 PM

I doubt that it could be the power switch because it provides a temporary contact only. Can you provide more info about your system (motherboard, PSU, etc.)?
m
0
l
November 28, 2009 5:30:19 PM

It could be the power switch, have you tried unplugging it from the mobo and using a small flat bladed screwdriver to start the machine by momentarily shorting the contacts?
m
0
l
Related resources
November 28, 2009 7:43:16 PM

hey mousemonkey can u in detail explain how to do that?

thank you very much

AND IF YOU WANT SPECS THAN SIMPLY PRESS MORE INFORMATION AND THEN CONFIGURATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
m
0
l
November 28, 2009 7:53:36 PM

@OP: This happens when the PC is trying to clear CMOS due to failed OC,etc. Just press the power button and wait 10-30 seconds and see before you press it again. Also, you do not list your PSU in your specs.

OPs specs:
CPU - e5200
MB - GA-P43-ES3G
RAM - 4Gb DDR2 800
HDD - WD 320Gb
GPU - Sapphire 3870
CASE - Cooler Master 310 Elite
m
0
l
November 28, 2009 9:01:51 PM

If you look at your motherboard the two pins that you want will most likely be at the bottom of the board in a group consisting of the HDD, spk, rst and pwr the pwr pins are the two that you want as they are for the power switch, pull them off (noting which went where) and just touch both at the same time with a screwdriver and the machine will start.
m
0
l
November 28, 2009 9:13:37 PM

Safer is to swap the case power switch with the reset switch, then try to boot with the reset switch. :) 
m
0
l
November 28, 2009 11:58:13 PM

this is my new power supply, Golden Field 550W ATX-S628
m
0
l
November 29, 2009 12:26:13 AM

Mousemonkey said:
It could be the power switch, have you tried unplugging it from the mobo and using a small flat bladed screwdriver to start the machine by momentarily shorting the contacts?

We had to do that in a class I took last year, freaked the crap out of all the people that had never opened a computer before to see sparks flying!
m
0
l
November 29, 2009 3:19:07 AM

jedimasterben said:
We had to do that in a class I took last year, freaked the crap out of all the people that had never opened a computer before to see sparks flying!


so are u sayin that it will spark?????????? are u shure u didnt do sometin else??
m
0
l
November 29, 2009 1:12:06 PM

That's a joke! It definitely won't spark. Just do it to rule out the switch.
m
0
l
November 29, 2009 1:42:57 PM

i see, ok ill try switching my reset swith with the power swith and also start it with the screw driver lol,

what if it is a faulty mother board?
m
0
l
November 29, 2009 1:48:42 PM

crazy359 said:
this is my new power supply, Golden Field 550W ATX-S628

You probably want to replace that POS no brand PSU with a quality PSU from Corsair, Antec, PC Power, or OCZ. That PSU will die on you. It's a matter of time.
m
0
l
November 29, 2009 2:42:01 PM

crazy359 said:
i see, ok ill try switching my reset swith with the power swith and also start it with the screw driver lol,

what if it is a faulty mother board?
If you swap the reset and the power switch as a test, you don't need to use a screwdriver. The goal is to eliminate the power switch as a possibility. You RMA the motherboard if it's under warranty or buy a new one if not. I'd suspect the PSU before the motherboard and that's where I'd start. That Golden Field ATX-S628 actually is a 400W PSU.
m
0
l
November 29, 2009 7:39:28 PM

GhislainG said:
That's a joke! It definitely won't spark. Just do it to rule out the switch.

Yes, it did spark. Then again, these motherboards were from like '98, and most of them didn't work... but they all sure sparked!!
m
0
l
November 29, 2009 8:00:01 PM

Jumping the power pins on an ATX motherboard can't cause sparks. Old AT motherboards were quite different, but the power switch was connected to the PSU, not the motherboard.
m
0
l
November 29, 2009 8:42:13 PM

ok guys, i had a cooler master 500w, i thought it was faulty so i got a 550 golden field one, its actually fine. But could a power button actually make these simptoms?
m
0
l
November 29, 2009 8:46:42 PM

If it's sticking then yes, as it would be the same as if you kept it in pushed in.
m
0
l
November 29, 2009 8:47:35 PM

Wow... the CoolerMaster is probably better than that Cr@ppy "Golden Field". And yes, power button could cause these problems. Also, you did use the motherboard standoffs correct?
m
0
l
November 29, 2009 9:57:24 PM

yup i have motherboard standoffs, but the power button LOOKS and FEELS like nothing is wrong with it, so i dunno, ill try replacing the reset with power button

AND TRUST ME this golden filed psu is OK, its not one of those really crappy generic ones, I KNOW that cooler master is better
m
0
l
!