crazy359

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
Well if i press the power button the computer turns off in about 1-3 seconds, press it again same thing, press it again and nothing.....then 2 seconds later it turns on and works fine.....all temps are fine......psu is fine could it be the power button?

crazy359

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
hey mousemonkey can u in detail explain how to do that?

thank you very much

AND IF YOU WANT SPECS THAN SIMPLY PRESS MORE INFORMATION AND THEN CONFIGURATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@OP: This happens when the PC is trying to clear CMOS due to failed OC,etc. Just press the power button and wait 10-30 seconds and see before you press it again. Also, you do not list your PSU in your specs.

OPs specs:
[fixed]CPU - e5200
MB - GA-P43-ES3G
RAM - 4Gb DDR2 800
HDD - WD 320Gb
GPU - Sapphire 3870
CASE - Cooler Master 310 Elite [/fixed]

If you look at your motherboard the two pins that you want will most likely be at the bottom of the board in a group consisting of the HDD, spk, rst and pwr the pwr pins are the two that you want as they are for the power switch, pull them off (noting which went where) and just touch both at the same time with a screwdriver and the machine will start.

jedimasterben

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007

We had to do that in a class I took last year, freaked the crap out of all the people that had never opened a computer before to see sparks flying!

crazy359

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009

so are u sayin that it will spark?????????? are u shure u didnt do sometin else??

If you swap the reset and the power switch as a test, you don't need to use a screwdriver. The goal is to eliminate the power switch as a possibility. You RMA the motherboard if it's under warranty or buy a new one if not. I'd suspect the PSU before the motherboard and that's where I'd start. That Golden Field ATX-S628 actually is a 400W PSU.

crazy359

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
yup i have motherboard standoffs, but the power button LOOKS and FEELS like nothing is wrong with it, so i dunno, ill try replacing the reset with power button

AND TRUST ME this golden filed psu is OK, its not one of those really crappy generic ones, I KNOW that cooler master is better