Sign in with
Your question

Shutdown Problem!

Last response: in Overclocking
November 20, 2011 8:22:10 PM

Hello,
recently after a few months after my overclock and installation of windows 7, my computer is not shuting down properly. I tried to clear cmos,didn't work . The problem happened when I left my computer downloaing a file for a day without touching it. When I found out it was still on, it froze(not responding but still on). I tried to shut it down,the only trick that works is by closing the power supply(switch)
My computer cannot sleep either pls help! :) 
Oh yeah When I shut it down , windows 7 says its shuting down and then the screen turns off but the computer is still on? the fans noise is less loudeer but still on. Hope those details help!

More about : shutdown problem

November 21, 2011 3:50:33 AM

yeah that sounds pretty weird. the screen turns off but the computer is still running? can't say i've ever heard of that before. you said you cleared the cmos, so i'm guessing you set all of your bios settings back to default? is the problem still occurring with your bios at default settings?
m
l
November 22, 2011 12:41:20 AM

yes i am still running at default setting I thought it migh be a oower box failure but I just bought a new one so yeah i don't think
Also It can't be a virus because I scanned the system completly with avira 2012 premium
hope those details help :) 
m
l
November 22, 2011 12:42:44 AM

also before it happened my computer crashed oftten
after long stand by time
m
l
!